It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:54 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:17 am 

Well because of the stagnant changes to the game and game play another long time pilot has packed it up and moved on in life. What a shame to see that no one with Bill's ear can get him to understand that eye candy WILL NOT save this Sim.

I foresee a number more that will be packing it up and soon there will be only those 10-12 capture the field anyway and how idiotically they can get it done to be the only ones left as they reset the game over and over patting themselves on the back for a "cough" job well done. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:29 pm 

Im sorry to read this Grump...not many good old guys left.

Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:54 pm 

Hey, some of us are hanging on.

Supporting Liberty and Justice

Muzz's Maps on the S3 Site

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:58 pm 

Now 14 days since I contacted Microprose. Still nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:15 pm 

Muzz-- wrote:
Hey, some of us are hanging on.

I'm also hanging on, but it's by a single thin thread. I've put much time and effort collecting (still am) data and putting it in a Warbirds GD database for the people involved in the FM building process that will never be taken down by me. For over 10 years I've been doing my best to improve and advance the game, but it's still stuck in the capture the field game play with no consequences of jabocide or bombacide to close a field. On top of that these "players" will purposely dive into ack to prevent their name coming up as killed by a pilot. I find it sad that people are proud of such embarrassing game play.

There's a number of thing's that can be done to help the game to be better besides Eye Candy and FM rebuilds (although the Fm's needed corrections made). Here's some ideas.

1. When a base gets closed make it goes neutral (white as days gone past) and can be captured by any side.
2. Cut radar down to 20 miles so bombers at 25k can't be WEP climbed in 3 mins. to it's alt by fighters. WEP climbing at under 170 MPH should over-heat the motor in a minute.
3. Eliminate bombers except to certain areas of the Map. Large buffs to the very edges and medium bombers to 20 miles from the edge.
4. Make all bomber/troops plane AI's drop when the human airframe drops. It's ridiculous that you can send the AI out d3000-4000 in front of you and have them attack while the human sits out
away from the field or send in the troop plane AI d30,000 in front of you and have it drop troops.
5. Make it that one field can be closed at a time. It stops the rambos dying over and over from closing 4-5 bases before they start capturing them. With the low number of players left this gets
done quite often or make a reset of the map if more than 5 bases are closed at any given time.

I have more ideas, but it appears the powers that be don't care.

<S>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:59 am 

Grumpy, man, hope you won't actually leave. I do hear you about the game play but when numbers being not so one sided there still are fun, fair battles. Happen like once in a couple of weeks though...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:20 am 

honestly I don't think we can expect any major updates to graphics or gameplay.....It just is what it is until it dies on the vine...

Ryzen 7 3700 CPU
32Gb Ram

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:41 am 

nookyb wrote:
honestly I don't think we can expect any major updates to graphics or gameplay.....It just is what it is until it dies on the vine...

It's really starting to feel that way. Any! communication would help keep the faith. Do not appreciate being treated like a mushroom.