It is currently Thu May 19, 2022 11:53 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Cancel
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:17 pm 

I don't see any reason not to cancel at this point. It's obvious this game has been left to die. It's really annoying when the game disco's every five minutes. It disco's so much I even get accused of doing it on purpose. And what the hell is Tank Brigade? Does anyone even play that anymore? Because every time I disco, it brings me to a screen to play that game. Well, for those who say that I disco on purpose, you were just lucky enough to be near me when it happened. A dial-up era game that cant keep up with 100mbs+ speeds? Come on. The bottom line is we pay for this. We pay to play this game and the game is not maintained. I spend as much time logging back in as I do playing. With the way the game is right now, it should be free. Veteran to veteran Bill, cut the bullshit. Forget selling the game. Just give it to someone who will make it what it should be. When we talked on the phone, it was the usual "big things are coming" story. I understand, you don't want to see the game die. But that's exactly what it is doing. And all the bugs and glitches have everyone hating each other and accusing each other of hacking, cheating, and all the other bs that goes on. Why would anyone want to play a game when they hate seeing other people sign on? I remember when this game was played by people who congratulated people for shooting them down. Now it's just a bunch of insults back and forth. You know what I do when I'm in a bomber and waiting to get to a target? I'm on google trying to find other flight sims to play.

Post subject: Re: Cancel
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:03 am 

Rak, hope you wouldn't leave, though your frustration is understandable. Maybe take a break then come back with free account? Changing ISP might resolve this frequent disconnection problem. At least it worked for my case after trying couple of companies.

Post subject: From WB
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

Gents,

I am not sure what is causing your game to Disconnect?

Sorry it is happening to you.

The game generally disconnects as your Ping is too long or you loose connection for 7 secs.

This is to try to not allow cheating.

Not sure why folks are not congratulating the guy who shoot you down.

I usually have to do that to Juice every S3 Frame at least two times.

I hope you have a great 2022!

I am looking for someone with the funds and interest to improve WarBirds right now!

All suggestions welcome.

WB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:02 pm 

Hey Raksan..While i dont disagree with your reasons for being upset about the games progress and maintenance shortfalls I can at least remind you that when some players have disco problems, generally, unless everyone is having them its not the game that is causing it.. rather its usually traceable to the users provider and their routes to the games servers.. Try running a traceroute from your computer to IENs servers.. Notice the points where the long resolve times occur causing bottlenecks and have your IP follow up by having them duplicate your results.. During this time of year and with everyone home more from covid the heavy load on the internets servers can cause severe congestion and could also be responsible. In short then, check your own connection first before you cancel. It is usually fixable and might resolve itself after a few days..

AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
OSX 11.5.2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:08 pm 

Hope Raksan still is here and sees Pak's post. Game server IP was 3.88.69.90 last time I checked. Would be handy to get the dot ping command back!

And... it might be game's problem as Raksan sees that Play M4 Tank Brigade message(?). Perhaps something went wrong in one of the recent updates?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:37 pm 

qweqwe wrote:
Hope Raksan still is here and sees Pak's post. Game server IP was 3.88.69.90 last time I checked. Would be handy to get the dot ping command back!

And... it might be game's problem as Raksan sees that Play M4 Tank Brigade message(?). Perhaps something went wrong in one of the recent updates?

By Command Prompt it can be checked in Windows. Open it, type "ping 3.88.69.90" and hit enter.

I had lots of disco's and FPS issues with my old pc, problem seemed to be error in SSD and somehow AMD GPU, even it worked well with several much more demanding 3D applications. Now new SSD and NVidia GPU, no problems.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:15 pm 

I appreciate your replies. I have a business account with my provider and I have a very fast connection with top priority on the node. Since I am not in a large business area (I have a home office), I am one of two business accounts in this area. That means I pretty much have better internet than 99.9% of the people around me. My disco issue isn't a lost connection though. The game switches to a black screen that asks me if I want to play tank brigade. The radio bar stays at the bottom of the screen and I can still exit to the main menu and log back in. It is 100% an in-game issue that hasn't gone away even though I uninstalled every version and reinstalled them. I even reinstalled one at a time to see if having multiple versions on the same computer was the problem. It did not change things. On top of that, the .flight and .field commands don't work and only give me a blank screen with nothing listed. No fields, no other players. If someone wants to post the 2018 version somewhere where I can download it since I completely deleted everything, I may try one more time...but I'm really not feeling it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:42 pm 

Raksan,
Are you on a PC or a Mac? Just curious as I've not experienced anything like that on my PC.
Which version of WBs are you running? I'm running the older V4.33R2 here (7 May 19 build date) with no issues.
I guess my question might better be, which version of the .exe are you running?
wb3.exe, wb3classic.exe or wb3dx11_64.exe?

Supporting Liberty and Justice

Muzz's Maps on the S3 Site

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:33 am 

Raksan wrote:
If someone wants to post the 2018 version somewhere where I can download it since I completely deleted everything, I may try one more time...but I'm really not feeling it.

Grumpy has it online: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=954

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:29 pm 

Location: What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.
Raksan

If your on a PC and NOT a Mac.

D/L the folder named Warbirds 2018. Preferably to your main hard drive with your operating system on it. I had to correct the link, so use this link. You'll have to go into the settings file, open login.cfg file using simple text and add your user name and password. Save it. You should be good to go as there has been no updates since I put it up.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing