It is currently Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:36 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:56 pm 

Should we all use Cheat Engine.

It seems more and more players are accelerating their FMs to gain an unfair advantage.

The most common of doing that is using Cheat Engine 7.3

Here is a video of how easy to use it really is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KJNM0FiE14

The software can easily be downloaded here:

https://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php

And the most interesting thing is that is fully compatible with Warbirds as many players have discovered, unfortunately.

We need a way to catch cheaters using Cheat Engine. Bill, please add anti-cheat software in Warbirds able to detect the use of engiens like Cheat Engine.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:27 am 

Very much agreed. I presume some pilots noticed about half an year ago, when certain immortal and invincible 1-pingers became more normal and some even disappeared for a while. That was last time there were some actions against cheats. Looks like the phenomenon is slowly creeping back again, so perhaps new check-up is necessary.

Anyway, I've heard there's also a way to transfer some offline functions to online, like no blackouts and easy flight mode, might that be happening as well? Also old rumor told, it's possible to transfer flight characters from a plane to an another. That might explain 4-engine bombers acting like TBDs, dive bombing and outturning 1-engine fighters. And C47 outclimbing F6F and other similar happenings are not normal either, at least from my point of view. Codes leaked, in wrong hands perhaps?

Couple of old hands have lately been swinging by WB and told they are flying in other sims nowadays, mostly for these reasons. To have old folks stay and to attract newbies to try and especially to stay this kind of issues are critical. The future of WB may be depended of it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:50 pm 

Curious. How do you know this is what 'more and more' players are doing? Do you have any proof? Any evidence that you can present? Recordings? It is kinda strange how its always you that seems to accuse others of cheating ( lag, connection hacks, etc) and even introducing us to cheat software that you are familiar with and seem to know how to use? What made you conclude that this was the app that 'more and more' pilots are using? Did you ask them? Did they tell you it was Cheat Engine? How did you find out about Cheat Engine? Perhaps its just your bruised ego being shot down that causes you to make this stuff up to soothe your cerebral damage.. .. Nobody else seems to have discovered cheaters and reported them.. Why always just you? After so many cries of wolf, it becomes a bit hard to subscribe to your weirdness.. Prove it or shut up and fly..

AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
OSX 11.5.2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:37 pm 

Many pilots have been talking about this while flying in WB but I'm also bit surprised, from what direction this whistleblowing came from. Maybe when superiority and immortality are both gone, all the means are to be used. But, IMHO, WB really needs a proper anticheat software.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:40 pm 

--
ANY codes or cheating or manipulations should be rightfully and unequivocally found as fact.
Then the offenders eliminated from our ranks.

If though, there is found NO cheat or manipulations, and those who without unequivocally righteous findings accuse WITHOUT merit............. should be dealt with THE SAME.

One tires of both. If someone is manipulating/cheating get rid of them.
If one is accusing without proof.................

suggesting

(addendum: after re-reading posts, I believe it is shocking that a cheat code is being relayed and endorsed with urls to same. Anyone stating they are "helping" and doing same is questionable if not sanctionable. In the old days it was at least)

Juice

328th Fighter Squadron (V)-PE
We have the whips - KILL THEM ALL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:34 am 

Very much agreed with Juice. There are blames of cheating flying back and forth in ch 100. Not every day or every session, but often enough to be noticed. Sometimes they have a reason, when something totally impossible happens, sometimes someone gets upset by being killed by somebody considered inferior.

I started receiving blames, when finally got my right hand working properly (fine motorics still partly missing), began flying fighters and gained some kills. Some old hands could not stand to be killed by a pilot they considered as a bomber pilot noobie and blames of cheating with less than polite expressions were the results.

I'm more than happy, if someone from iEnt or an anticheat software monitors my actions during the flight. Why did I propose it already some time ago, if was using monkey tricks?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:40 pm 

I checked the site. The author says not to even ask about online games as it is unlikely to work with them. The author of this thread (mirlox) is famous for calling ‘cheat’ in the arena. He’s driven at least one player out of the game through his behaviour, and I would not take his word on a prediction of night following day.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:41 pm 

Apparently some players like =juice= did not get the real message of the initial post, even it was clarified at the end of teh message:
"We need a way to catch cheaters using Cheat Engine. Bill, please add anti-cheat software in Warbirds able to detect the use of engiens like Cheat Engine."

It is actually very easy to catch cheaters using this old piece of code, just need to check time registers for FM acceleration.

I hope this helps to catch any potential cheater using this old code.

And, juice you can relax, this only affects potential cheaters.

I am also surprised to see your response to a post that calls for installing anti-cheating software, really?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:00 pm 

Oy!
We dont need no stinkin anti cheat software when we have you to do it for us, do we Detective Maalox?
Please list all the pilots names and post videos of these infractions you claim . Its called proof..Got any>?
It would seem on its face that you are upset ever since Robert posted a fix to tame your favorite plane.

Laughable to note that out of the 15-20 players on every day you have decided that 'many' of them are using this Cheat Engine that you found, installed and are the expert on....

BTW are these the same pilots who you accused of cheating using lag, jitter and wormholes?

Juice has it right. If someone is manipulating/cheating get rid of them.
If one is accusing without proof.................

AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
OSX 11.5.2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:17 pm 

There are cheats and there are glitches. If you find a glitch, report it. I found one today and sent it to WB with screenshot. Same with possible cheats, take video and report. Installed video recording just for that, as WBs amcam video cannot be converted to email.