It is currently Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:05 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Todz - Blues skies
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:41 pm 

Hi all thought I would let you know I'm sure some of you remember him and his P51... Sad news

Posted on another forum by -bbgn- 352nd FG, Virtual, retired on 09/30/2021

Most here didn't know, but Zilla was diagnosed with Stage IV stomach cancer this past may.
Last night his body gave out on him, and he collapsed during a visit from his brother, and the EMTs were not able to revive him.

To quote wily in an email he sent out to our mail list...."Todd will always remain as a ‘rock’ type individual that brought people together and created a sense of community among a wide variety of people. To me, that’s Leadership in a beautiful way…Tonight, please toast the West, imagine the sound of a roaring Merlin and his baritone voice, “Ok, now come on guys. That’s enough…let’s all instead toast Punchy, Bryan, Ray…”

I’m sorry to bring this news to you but so grateful to have known him and blessed with great memories."

Zilla was one of my best friends. I knew this day was coming, but it wasn't supposed to be this soon.

CANCER SUCKS. FUCK CANCER.

He was a great stick and a fierce adversary he will be missed...

RIP todz

Post subject: Re: Todz - Blues skies
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:21 pm 

Location: What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.
Speechless. Many fond memories with Todd. One that I'll never forget and one that I never let him forget was getting the 31st members front row seats at the Mustangs and Legends Final Roundup airshow at the Rickenbacker Airport. How could you forget being in the tent with the Real 352nd FG at mid field. Blue Skies my friend. We'll be meeting again in the future.

RIP <S>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:45 pm 

Todzilla was one of the best people I've met in WarBirds. Always helpful in my mental meltdowns... helped me also when I had an issue getting back to this game a few years ago. Way too early, very sad :'(

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:29 am 

This is very sad news indeed. Todzilla was one of the really good guys and great players in Warbirds.
Blue skies and God bless you Tod... We'll miss you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:22 am 

It brings tears to my eyes. Did not know him but for comments in the Forum. Your words say all I need to know.

Don't be sad, he's waiting to re-engage when we all meet again.

MacOS: El Capitan 10.11.6
Hardware: 2011 iMac 27" with El Capitan
Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Graphics: AMD Radeon
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Facebook Page: Warbirds Skins

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:38 pm 

Oh my, first Dewolf and now Todzilla.

Breaks my heart it does. He was a wonderful stick, friend, and voice of reason. He was opinionated but let others have their say. He got on me for rightfully wrong decisions but could laugh and forgive. He came all the way up here in the middle of Canada to bring me the best rig in the world that you all bought me. Stayed over and we drank ourselves silly. Just a great gent and type of guy you wanted to be friends with because you just knew he would back you to forever and be the first in and last out of a furball or fight, whatever life would bring.

Over two decades of history with this man. Never heard a bad word said about him by anyone. He should be in the gamers hall of fame. One of the founders of MMO gaming as far as I am concerned. It has changed so much in this time but guys like Todd played the game like they lived life, loved, and worked. To him there was no difference dealing with people typing, talking on TeamSpeak, or chatting across from the table.

Todzilla won so many awards and cups playing the S3 but more importantly, he made them what they were by leading by example and giving us so much fun and excitement through the years.

A toast of God's scotch to you my friend.
I will see you soon up there in the clouds and we will let our Merlins purr.

<SALUTE>

Jeff "Jabo" Barlow