It is currently Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:17 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:14 am 

iart7 wrote:
Finn has so many good ideas and comments.

Raksan said just what I was thinking. I am not even sure it would cost $200 in ads. But if you do a search for "Warbirds" in Facebook,
dozens of Pages show up, mine included. If a "Warbirds" Page is to be made, call it something like this: "Warbirds - Online Flight Sim Game".
Move links to that page and add them to the EXIT MENU of the game. Like this:

https://www.facebook.com/Warbirds-30589 ... 451446230/

Look at the 2nd item in the middle of the Exit Menu screen.

BTW, you might like to visit my FB Page if you haven't done so.

https://www.facebook.com/Warbirds-305898763533772

I've never seen that menu in the game. How do you get to that exit menu? If I click "exit game" on the right, it automatically brings me to the facebook page. I've been trying to figure out how to turn that off forever. No one who plays WB wants to go to the facebook page ha. You might want to get non-players to see it, but I don't ever look at it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:50 am 

Rak, if you are on Windows... in "WarBirds 2018" folder there's the file named "quiturl". Open it with notepad(or whatever) and delete all what's written, save and close(Don't delete the file itself). Then you won't be forced to visit the Facebook page every time you exit the game.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:19 pm 

It's getting pretty depressing. But it's worse seeing reds come in and then log when they see the numbers. Have watched up to 10 people do this in the space of an hour. If they'd all hung around we'd have had a viable match up.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:34 am 

simboh wrote:
It's getting pretty depressing. But it's worse seeing reds come in and then log when they see the numbers. Have watched up to 10 people do this in the space of an hour. If they'd all hung around we'd have had a viable match up.

Well, it happens also vice versa, green pilot pops in and out. Some fly one mission and log after been killed or just ditch and disappear, when a red dot appears in their proximity.

At least in my case I do it for two reasons: I log in, there are several greens and no other reds. Shall I go and offer them easy kills without possibility to gain anything? Mostly not. Sometimes I hang in there for a while to see, if any others are arriving.

Or, I log in and in roster I see 1 or 2 greens, no other reds and I think, shall I start closing bases alone or try to hunt down NOE boomers? Mostly I don't stay. I also often log out when there are lots of reds and no greens or just 1, as it is pretty one sided.

Battle makes sense and is entertaining, when numbers are close to each others but how to gain it? IMHO blaming one color for creating the situation is slightly narrow point of view.

I don't do things like flying if I don't like doing it. I'm not there to gain points to brag with, but have fun. That's why I often fly nowadays offline. There one can always have cons and situations, nobody starts calling you names after shot down or bails/ditches when you approach.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:51 am 

GasTed wrote:
Well, it happens also vice versa, green pilot pops in and out. Some fly one mission and log after been killed or just ditch and disappear, when a red dot appears in their proximity.
At least in my case I do it for two reasons: I log in, there are several greens and no other reds. Shall I go and offer them easy kills without possibility to gain anything? Mostly not. Sometimes I hang in there for a while to see, if any others are arriving.

Hey Gasted. I don't mean to suggest that one side is more guilty than the other. Just that there is potential for greater numbers. It is definitely more one sided when you tend to fly. It would be better if a green or two would switch so's you're not being hunted. It's hard to break the habit of sticking with (former) squaddies though. One time when I did switch sides Nemo got terribly upset (and I don't like to upset Nemo!)

There were a few times recently when the numbers did even up early morning US time and it was a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:28 pm 

There is no point making warbirds free if the conditions that drive noobies away don't change. The game is hard enough to learn without getting gangbanged everytime you come in. We no longer have a big enough player base to be able to afford choosing sides based on hatred. Everybody needs to think about balancing the game, and doing all he or she can to make the game fairer and more fun. So guys... switch sides when 'your' side has numbers. Heck, divide your squad and see which flight 'wins'. Take a noobie 'under your wing' and help him stay alive. We have to stop seeing the 'other' side as (insert unfortunately routine vulgarity here) and start seeing them as competitors and friends. Go on TS with the hated 'other' and re-discover the joys of community and fierce but fair competition.
I have no other ideas. No matter what eye candy an update may bring; no matter what new vehicles and maps, the game will fail if the gameplay does not change.
cheers
finn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:50 pm 

Finn wrote:
T So guys... switch sides when 'your' side has numbers. Heck, divide your squad and see which flight 'wins'. Take a noobie 'under your wing' and help him stay alive.
cheers
finn

Like now when I logged in and there were 8 vs 1 (2 once I arrived) and you were one of the 8?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:29 am 

<S> All. If the game automatically allocated you to a side at log in (based on numbers) and it couldn't be changed for a designated time period, perhaps that would help. Who knows, I might even get to like flying with Simboh! Lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:50 am 

Last time I changed side, was very clearly told with less than polite way of expression, I'm not welcome to fly as a green.

There are some guys, who change sides, but they are clearly not hated as much. Sometimes have a feeling someone's having kind of hate campaign around there. And during those few years I've been in, I have seen several pilots changing side permanently but only to one direction, there must be reason for that as well. And that reason, or should I say problem, should be solved.

Was told there are only adults, mostly middle aged and older guys flying in WB but sometimes I really doubt it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:43 am 

exusaf wrote:
Finn wrote:
T So guys... switch sides when 'your' side has numbers. Heck, divide your squad and see which flight 'wins'. Take a noobie 'under your wing' and help him stay alive.
cheers
finn

Like now when I logged in and there were 8 vs 1 (2 once I arrived) and you were one of the 8?

Ok, That pisses me off. I flew one sortie and logged off. How often do YOU change sides? I change several times a week. I either change, or I don't stay long. And since you bailed from an undamaged airplane just as I was about to shoot you, I don't think you're in a good space to accuse me of 'poor sportsmanship'.
I'll keep changing sides, I'll even clear your six, but don't bother ever trying to speak with me.