It is currently Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:51 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:36 pm 

<S>
Fixing the flightmodels definitely makes a difference. The B-25's ingame are currently the old arcade versions. The next update will actually have the whole B-25 series fully remodeled to hit real world performance as closely as possible. The B-25H will not be as effective in a turn fight as it currently has been. I just ran two turn tests with the old B-25H vs the soon updated version. The results show a significant decrease in turn performance, with the B-25H having a more realistic flightmodel.

P.S. The update will also have a brand new Ju 87B-2 Stuka for early war scenarios. Also the Ju-87D will be upgraded to the Ju 87D-5, with larger wings and 20 mm cannons. The Ju-87G will be upgraded to the Ju 87G-2 that also uses larger wings.

P.P.S. The Hawker Tempest Mk V has also been fully modeled and will be added to the sim.

Cheers!
/Robert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:47 pm 

Robert...take a look in the c47s

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:33 pm 

What should I check, sir?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:48 am 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:28 pm 

Robert wrote:
What should I check, sir?

Perhaps for starters the hardness? It seems like it can absorb a bit too much punishment for its non armor plated skin.

AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
OSX 11.5.2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:10 am 

<S>
Here are my thoughts on the C-47.
When it comes to the C-47 I have looked extensively at C-47 design blueprints etc. It pretty much has the same fuselage- and wing structure as bombers. Also bombers never had armored plated skin. That would have weighed so much the bomber would not even have made it off the ground. Heck, it would probably even have collapsed under the weight while standing on the ground. Bombers had small internal armor plates at critical parts where crewmembers were sitting. I.e. an armor plate behind the pilot seat, an armor plate infront of the tail gunner etc. As the war progressed the bombers started to get fitted with armor plates on the engines and selected areas, but they never had an armor plated skin, just normal skin just like the C-47, usually made from an aluminium alloy. Fact is that the C-47 actually has had it's fuselage hitpoints reduced to 50% of normal hitpoints for it's size. This in order to make up for it not having internal armor plates and gameplay reasons, so it's fuselage is already at half the strength than a same sized bomber like the He 111 etc. When it comes to the wings and elevators etc, the C-47 should follow the same laws of physics as other planes, as it used the same structure and materials. They were not made out of paper and glass. ;)

My best advice is to go for the engines like pilots did IRL. The engines have around 1/6 the hitpoints of the fuselage, so aim at them specifically, don't just blindly throw lead into the huge body of the C-47, that's a waste of ammunition. (This goes for attacking all kinds of bombers). Also going HO, aiming for the pilot is a good way to kill it whenever possible.

<S> and all feedback is welcome.
/Robert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:15 pm 

Been reading lenghty discussions about the stall speed and turning ability of a Spitfire vs the Bf 109. Going through windtunnel reports etc of clmax of the Spitfire wing vs the Bf 109 wing with leading edge slats open etc etc. My conclusion is that the Bf 109 we have in Warbirds is probably quite where it should be compared to the Spitfire. The Spitfire series, depending on time period, currently has an around 15% better sustained turn rate than the Bf 109 series in Warbirds, which should be realistic after looking at all the numbers, windtunnel tests, and pilot reports.

The Bf 110 was modeled to have the same effects of slats as the Bf 109, but doing more detailed measurments the effects should probably be reduced to around 80% of what is currently modeled. I have now done some tweaking and lowered the Bf 110 slats effect to more realistic numbers and done new stall and turning tests. The turn rate of the Bf 110C-4 and G-2 were, as expected, negatively affected as seen below. This change is not dramatic but will decrease the Bf 110 series current agility, especially coupled with the significant roll rate nerf they'll also have with the coming update.

Stall speed: Increased by 2-3 mph (3-5 kmh) for both Bf 110's.

<S>
/Robert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:54 am 

Please check the ability of the c47 to float in midair in flames and without half of the fuselage after being shot down.

Sometimes can float long enough 30 secs 1 min to drop troops and even capture base.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:57 am 

Please also check the trick used by many to ditch at high speed.

The so-called wing drag ditch.

In real FMs when a plane hits the ground with one wing immediately cartwheels and crashes.

With the actual FMs the plane just gently decelerates for a safe ditch.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:08 pm 

Robert, it's nice that things are getting done, but which version are we supposed to be using or expecting the updates for? Right now we have 2018, 2020, and 2021 versions all useable. However, the 2020 version says an update is available and will not download it. The 2021 version says an update is available, tries to download it, and says files are up to date even though it doesn't update.