It is currently Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:11 pm

All times are UTC-04:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: FPS issue
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:37 am
Posts: 89
Location: Dark side of the Moon
I wrote this in PC support, but probably nobody reads them, so I add it in here:

I have had lately lots of FPS issues and freezing in WB. My mill is able to run much more demanding 3D applications without glitch, but in WB FPS drops after a while from 60 to around 25-30. No matter am I having High, Medium or Low video settings, it does it. Restarting game helps for a moment.

Have tried over- and underclocking both CPU (AMD FX-6300 6 core) and GPU (AMD RX 580 4Gb), four different GPUs (AMD RX 550 & 580 4Gb, two different R9 270 2Gb:s w/ and w/o Crossfire), my PSU is brand new 1000W one, everything is HiPo in power and other settings, running games with Razer Cortex. I have also reinstalled WB 3 times and still...

Have made several stress tests and benchmarks, all given excellent results. I was running two stress tests (OCCT7 & HeavyLoad) simultaneously with Heaven Benchmark in medium settings and tessellation on, getting average FPS over 80. RAM 8Gb @ 1600MHz, SSD Apacer AS350 256GB, HDD Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB. Installed both DirectX9 and 12. Is it the game itself or do I have hidden bug in pc or between my ears?? Couple of other pilots have told me they have similar probs.

_________________
I swear it wasn't my mistake... :shock:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FPS issue
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:48 pm
Posts: 767
Location: What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.
It was couple years ago when I had this issue with an AMD 8350 and RX480. I don't know which of the things I tried fixed it, but these are what I looked at. I had someone on a forum tell me that it could a problem with; if I remember right, heap memory involving C++ coding, but that's just someones idea on the problem.

1. - Something running in the background.
2. - HP printer software
3. - corrupted drivers for the video card

Try using the task manager to stop all updaters, printer monitors and other programs that aren't part of windows OS. Probably not the problem. Usually anything that involves updating automatically will cause you to be booted by the game.

I believe it was a driver issue and if you've installed new drivers for your video card lately it could very well be the problem or the drivers got corrupted somehow. Roll them back to the last version if that worked with no problems or D/L drivers specifically for your video card. All the new drivers for Radeon Cards won't be of benefit to a card of the series you have. You didn't state which OS you have, so use this link and get the last version of drivers only for your specific card, OS you're using and try those.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous ... eon-rx-580

Something I did worked, but who knows what. <SMH> I'm not a geek. I hope this might be of help.

Grumpy


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FPS issue
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 1:44 pm
Posts: 69
Location: Kamikaze Empire
I had a similar issue with Radeon GPUs(RX470, RX570, Vega8) - runs fine for a while from 10 to 30 minutes then suddenly FPS got low. Also noticed slow response for kb and joystick button input when that happened. Rebooting the game always fixed(then it recurred after 10-30 minutes). My case was only on Tunisia and Solomon maps... didn't see it happen on other maps. Tried everything from reinstalling the graphics driver, the game and even the OS but it persisted.

Never had such problem with GeForce GTX 1650.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FPS issue
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:37 am
Posts: 89
Location: Dark side of the Moon
grumpy wrote:
It was couple years ago when I had this issue with an AMD 8350 and RX480. I don't know which of the things I tried fixed it, but these are what I looked at. I had someone on a forum tell me that it could a problem with; if I remember right, heap memory involving C++ coding, but that's just someones idea on the problem.

1. - Something running in the background.
2. - HP printer software
3. - corrupted drivers for the video card

Try using the task manager to stop all updaters, printer monitors and other programs that aren't part of windows OS. Probably not the problem. Usually anything that involves updating automatically will cause you to be booted by the game.

I believe it was a driver issue and if you've installed new drivers for your video card lately it could very well be the problem or the drivers got corrupted somehow. Roll them back to the last version if that worked with no problems or D/L drivers specifically for your video card. All the new drivers for Radeon Cards won't be of benefit to a card of the series you have. You didn't state which OS you have, so use this link and get the last version of drivers only for your specific card, OS you're using and try those.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous ... eon-rx-580

Something I did worked, but who knows what. <SMH> I'm not a geek. I hope this might be of help.

Grumpy


I'm running 64 bit Win 10. I have Razer Cortex settings everything unnecessary stopped when I start the game, and have checked via Task Manager, no background program issue. I updated AMD software with latest version and newest drivers and... lost the audio! In settings everything was ok, indicator moved in a rhythm of voice in test video, but not a piff, neither from loudspeakers nor from earphones... :shock:

I uninstalled the whole AMD Adrenalin, downloaded just drivers (version 27/01/2021) back and left Afterburner to take care of the business. I also installed extra cooling fan even temperatures went too high only while driving two stress tests simultaneously and now it seems to work. Well, haven't done long flights yet but so far ok.

qweqwe wrote:
I had a similar issue with Radeon GPUs(RX470, RX570, Vega8) - runs fine for a while from 10 to 30 minutes then suddenly FPS got low. Also noticed slow response for kb and joystick button input when that happened. Rebooting the game always fixed(then it recurred after 10-30 minutes). My case was only on Tunisia and Solomon maps... didn't see it happen on other maps. Tried everything from reinstalling the graphics driver, the game and even the OS but it persisted.

Never had such problem with GeForce GTX 1650.


Mine also started with Tunisia, then Solomon and Malta. My old laptop was suffering with them a lot, even it run others relatively ok. I have a feeling there's something heavy in WB itself, as War Thunder with high settings run just fine when I tried it. Nice graphics, but too 'gamish' for my taste with daily bonuses and other toy-like things.

_________________
I swear it wasn't my mistake... :shock:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FPS issue
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:48 pm
Posts: 767
Location: What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.
GasTed wrote:
I'm running 64 bit Win 10. I have Razer Cortex settings everything unnecessary stopped when I start the game, and have checked via Task Manager, no background program issue. I updated AMD software with latest version and newest drivers and... lost the audio! In settings everything was ok, indicator moved in a rhythm of voice in test video, but not a piff, neither from loudspeakers nor from earphones... :shock:

I uninstalled the whole AMD Adrenalin, downloaded just drivers (version 27/01/2021) back and left Afterburner to take care of the business. I also installed extra cooling fan even temperatures went too high only while driving two stress tests simultaneously and now it seems to work. Well, haven't done long flights yet but so far ok.


I would've tried just downloading the original drivers that I linked about just for the rx580, but who knows. You bring up a heat issue and that will definitely cause your VC to throttle back, so that could've well been part of the problem also. I only know enough about computers to build one and put an operating system in it. :mrgreen: Hope it stays running good for you.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FPS issue
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:37 am
Posts: 89
Location: Dark side of the Moon
grumpy wrote:
GasTed wrote:
I'm running 64 bit Win 10. I have Razer Cortex settings everything unnecessary stopped when I start the game, and have checked via Task Manager, no background program issue. I updated AMD software with latest version and newest drivers and... lost the audio! In settings everything was ok, indicator moved in a rhythm of voice in test video, but not a piff, neither from loudspeakers nor from earphones... :shock:

I uninstalled the whole AMD Adrenalin, downloaded just drivers (version 27/01/2021) back and left Afterburner to take care of the business. I also installed extra cooling fan even temperatures went too high only while driving two stress tests simultaneously and now it seems to work. Well, haven't done long flights yet but so far ok.


I would've tried just downloading the original drivers that I linked about just for the rx580, but who knows. You bring up a heat issue and that will definitely cause your VC to throttle back, so that could've well been part of the problem also. I only know enough about computers to build one and put an operating system in it. :mrgreen: Hope it stays running good for you.


Those are exactly the drivers AMD claims for RX580. They seem to be same for most RX500-series.

_________________
I swear it wasn't my mistake... :shock:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FPS issue
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:48 pm
Posts: 767
Location: What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.
I know that's what they state in the what's new/fixed text, but they are updated for the new cards and new game issues. Sometimes they break stuff in the code as they do this. I never update drivers unless I have an issue that it might fix. That's just me though. :mrgreen:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FPS issue
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:37 am
Posts: 89
Location: Dark side of the Moon
grumpy wrote:
I know that's what they state in the what's new/fixed text, but they are updated for the new cards and new game issues. Sometimes they break stuff in the code as they do this. I never update drivers unless I have an issue that it might fix. That's just me though. :mrgreen:


Tried drivers and AMD software from 2018, 2019 and 2020 and none of them really solved the problem. Tried different RAM and what ever, for avail. I give up and fly w/ low settings and even lower fps.

_________________
I swear it wasn't my mistake... :shock:


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC-04:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited