It is currently Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:22 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:56 pm 

Guncam video footage from 109s, 110s and 190s show the real efficacy of otto gunners in RL even in bomber formations.

It also shows how much punishment bombers can take, although not sure if most of them were able to fly back to their home base

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yMT0H8qe9k&t=30s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWQAwYImMUE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yMT0H8qe9k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZyJbSIFJn8

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:08 pm 

Couple of things..
We dont have large bomber formations in the game nor do we have 6 human gunners in each buff. Pilot does it all..
and as pointed out to you in the game, when you are killed by a buffs otto it will say so in the buffer.
When you are killed by the pilot/gunner it will say so in the buffer.
You complained about otto not being as good in the war footage as it is in game..
I told you it was me that blew you out of the sky not otto yet you proceeded to complain about otto, eventually coming in here to complain..
Theres an adage we have about buff tuff and otto in here over the years..
Simply,
When fighters complain about buff tuff or otto being set too high and bomber pilots complain about buff tuff or otto being set too low,
Its set just right..
Learn to die with grace..

AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
OSX 11.5.2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:35 am 

Location: What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.
^^^^ The Truth.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:10 am 

Word!

(Bomber pukes!) :twisted:

Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:31 pm 

Pakrat, or whatever you want to call yourself.

1) This is not about you, you know the world is not revolving about you. You really have a very high concept about yourself, just saying.

Also, assuming that people doesn't know how to read the buffer just say a lot about you. I will stop there, you do not deserve anything else.

2) To whoever say that WBs otto behavior is the truth , and real footage from WWII is not, just wake up man ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:57 am 

quite typical this has to get toxic right on. Nothing in the start post that i can understand as a complaint. Interresting footage, thx there. "the truth", good point :-) its called "prawda" in russian. Better watch out when there is "one truth".

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:13 pm 

Location: What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.
I can get footage of gun cams that show P-51's and P-47's taking a wing off 109's and 190's, but that doesn't make it the truth. Strange I don't see any bombing runs with fighter/bombers or bombers flipping left, right, upside down, pulling positive/negative g's of an almost fuel empty aircraft, etc., but that's real life right?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:33 pm 

greenx wrote:
. Nothing in the start post that i can understand as a complaint.

Neither can I, but the level of welcome and "complainbility' depends also on writers nick; some are often taken as complainers, even if writing "Horrido". Of course, if there's been verbal clash already in buffer before this, it may change the judgment. Just may change, not has to change, anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:38 pm 

greenx wrote:
quite typical this has to get toxic right on. Nothing in the start post that i can understand as a complaint.

If one would read the second post (pakrat) you would see that OP mirlox carried an in game situation/text buffer chat here, apparently trying to justify his stance.

Pakrat stated in this thread "I told you it was me that blew you out of the sky not otto yet you proceeded to complain about otto, eventually coming in here to complain.."

Regardless, mirlox is the one that took this over the edge with his reply:

"Pakrat, or whatever you want to call yourself.
1) This is not about you, you know the world is not revolving about you. You really have a very high concept about yourself, just saying."

I'm not saying that in game otto settings are set for the same apparent accuracy of real gunners in the war. They are probably set to try to simulate the overall interaction/outcome between the two aircraft. Which means some will never be happy.

Civility is virtuous
<S>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:07 pm 

A rare virtue around here, for sure, splt.

~S~

Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG