It is currently Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:56 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:45 pm 

There are some disturbing comments in 100 Ch from some players from some squadron claiming they can identify personal IP addresses.

As far as I know that information resides on the game server.

Does it mean they are able to hack the game server to identify personal IP addresses? Or they are simply lying about it?

If true, the only IP address they can get is the one from ISP unless your IP is static, in that case it could be problematic

Also, it raises the question that if those guys can hack an iENT game server to obtain IP addresses, what else they are able to do?

These comments on Ch100 are seriously disturbing and they should be addressed by iENT, as it could seriously question the security in their servers.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:02 pm 

Hard to imaging that someone would want to hack into a game to gain some kind of advantage that would help them defeat half the 15 players online at peak hrs, no? It would be pretty obvious..

Anything is possible but I cant recall a time when anyone was successful at doing this.,.. and then bragging about it on 100.
Methinks someone is yanking your throttle.. But as usual, get some screenshots and post/report them..

AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
OSX 11.5.2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:19 pm 

There have been no cases of hacking in 25 years of warbird's history. Nevertheless, if players claim to have intent to hack IPs, the admins of the game should be informed of their names.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:25 pm 

Location: What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.
Ahh years ago; WB's 2.75 through the early years of WB's 3, there were a few players caught out doing things with the code that some will do to get the advantage. When there was 200+ online every day if you noticed something fishy you could send the handle and a time stamp to iEnt for a look see.

Today I don't believe much is done, since there's only 25 or so at most online at one time and/or there's possibly code that brings strange things to iEnt's attention.

Just my opinion though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:42 pm 

Fess, there has been no hacking 'reported' by iEN. I doubt iEN would broadcast most instances if in fact they found any. I've said this before. This sim is NOT immune to hacking. No game is. If hackers set their mind to it they can hack into the Pentagon for crying out loud. Whether this game would be worth the time to hack has been brought up. All I have to say is; "An idle mind is the Devil's workshop". It is not impossible to believe.

---------------------------------------------------------
There are 2 kinds of people in this world...
Fighter pilots – and those that wish they were.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:03 pm 

Hell, it would be miraculous if someone did. The guys at IEN (Target et al) back in the day couldnt even suss out the code to fix basic stuff, so if someone did hack into it and made it fly better, it would be obvious and IEN should have hired them!!

AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
OSX 11.5.2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:37 am 

Back when SKYDVR worked for iENT. =weis=, he and I would meet in 2.77 training arenas and I would show them how the cheats were done. So yes, Anything could he hacked or cheated.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:58 pm 

yorkie wrote:
Back when SKYDVR worked for iENT. =weis=, he and I would meet in 2.77 training arenas and I would show them how the cheats were done. So yes, Anything could he hacked or cheated.

Well, certain pilots seem to have collision proof kites also nowadays; sixth time in about week I was killed by collision when flying red and never has my opponent fallen. Or do I just receive badly made planes from factory?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:57 am 

GasTed wrote:
yorkie wrote:

Well, certain pilots seem to have collision proof kites also nowadays; sixth time in about week I was killed by collision when flying red and never has my opponent fallen. Or do I just receive badly made planes from factory?

Ted I understand your frustration, the ratio of collisions where I died to the other guy in hugely lopsided against. Its down to lag mostly. Your FE sees something different from them. Check out your acmcam footage sometimes. Mine will invariably show me shooting off target even on kills. Why because the code smooths out what I see in action, but the camera does not. It is the raw footage. My bad lag is due to distance from servers and then to the opponent's FE. It was explained to me as towing a hit-able doppleganger behind my plane. I'd think I'd just missed colliding, when in fact my double when straight into him.
The only solution is to not make the margins so close.
<S>

Reisen pilots have big hinomarus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:36 am 

GasTed wrote:
yorkie wrote:

I know this is a late reply but a lot of players have figured out what angle to collide so that they are awarded the kill and the other player goes down. Most of them will HO and pull up into the bottom fuselage as they pass. This almost always puts the collision on the higher plane. And it has been happening a lot and many players take advantage of it. More reason for collisions to result in both players going down, no points, no bail.