It is currently Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:47 pm

All times are UTC-04:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 7:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:08 am
Posts: 14
Location: Catalonia
nookyb wrote:
It is what you make it. Most of all...have fun.


I disagree. The game forces me to die when I am only injured and could continue playing "alive". And the game forces me to be a kamikaze because the result will be the same.
Many times parachuting and saving yourself is the same as crashing into the enemy.

_________________
Catalonia (Europe)


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:37 am
Posts: 88
Location: Dark side of the Moon
gripau wrote:
nookyb wrote:
It is what you make it. Most of all...have fun.


I disagree. The game forces me to die when I am only injured and could continue playing "alive". And the game forces me to be a kamikaze because the result will be the same.
Many times parachuting and saving yourself is the same as crashing into the enemy.


System gives benefits to those using "Drop 'n Ditch" tactics w/o any intention to land their bombing missions. Deliberate crash or bailing out, just like RAF and USAAF did over Germany during WW2, didn't they..?

_________________
I swear it wasn't my mistake... :shock:


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:58 am
Posts: 8
gripau wrote:
gripau wrote:
1-When I get hurt in a vehicle by shooting me and you leave it before it explodes, you are saved.
But soft says you've died.
Therefore, the only solution is to make kamikaze, it does not make sense to me.

2-When they shoot you without you doing and then collide, it and they get out, it says you killed it. It is not true.
You can shoot sometimes to any and run away and then if he collide you can bring some points without doing anything.

3- Sometimes I see players who kill but do not appear in the ROSTER.

4- If you jump on parachutes before crashing your firing plane, you appears like dead. Is noy true, you are saved.

5. If I landed in enemy territory then for lack of fuel and it shoot me without much damage. I appears as dead, not true.

This game does not seem like a real battle in the score.
Thanks :(


The game is to eliminate the enemy and conquer bases? NO

The game is to be general or Major without eliminating anyone, or not conquering bases? YES

This point system causes many people wants to be Generals or Major without fighting.

When someone burns my tank, he doesn't attack me again to destroy me, he leaves because he knows that even if I leaves the tank he will give him points.

When someone is disconnected smoking, no points are taken.

Some shoot until smoke comes out and leave, they do not destroy you, because they know that there are many chances that they will be given points without continuing to fight.

......a lot things more..........

WarBirds is not an Combat Flight Simulator. It is to promote generals. I am feel that you deceive me.


A few people pull the plug instead of bailing, denying the shooter a rightful kill. Also, diving into ack after being fueled, oiled, or losing your engine to give the ack a kill so that the player that shot you does not get the kill is also crappy way to play.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:08 am
Posts: 14
Location: Catalonia
juice= wrote:
--
I am Generalizing here,

Mr. gripau,
It is true that the Game/Sim is able to be "used" in many different ways, as in real life.

In real life some of the highest scoring (planes shot down, not humans) pilots ONLY engaged in Combat if they absolutely knew they would win (Red Baron, Eric Hartman, John Meyer).
The effect of that dictum in real life was that they (examples above) speak about waiting for friends to come, moving away or running away until the enemy is not strong, never turning ever, etc, etc.
Most of these survived, some did not.

In real life some of the highest scoring pilots begged for battle, all battle, any battle. They craved combat and often did not care about outcome at that moment.
The effect of that desire in real life was that they took on many of the enemy at once in bad situations doing feats of airmanship unknown. Often without thought. Most of these are dead. Some are not.

So the desire of the pilot, the goal or will of the pilot can/will change a set piece (War/Game/Sim/World) with expectations (rules/no rules) at all times everywhere.
Interpretation or manipulation of "the rules", or effects the rules...... is how life is. There is honor and there is not, there is aggression and there is not, there is combat and there is subversion. All are part of all.

So, I believe your idea of "Combat Flight Simulation" is the same as mine. For others it is other. How do I approach the things you have seen? I fight to destruction my enemy, unless I feel otherwise at that moment, because of a fight well fought, an enemy that cannot fight anymore or is incapable and deserves to land etc etc.

The "Game" tends to self rectify. If something is far out of whack then it (often slowly) corrects the issue. (as does most things in life, again albeit very slowly) If it does not then it is removed/replaced by something that is not out of whack. (we await that verdict)

An environment, ANY environment, has the Aggressive, the Passive, the Subversive, the Capable, the Incapable, etc. Balance in an environment is achieved for a time (or not) because of "The Players". Because of survival of the fittest, because of compassion, because of evil, because of mercy..... balance occurs and then disappears, then appears again.

In the environment one chooses, one chooses how to be in the environment.

I choose to KILL THEM ALL. For me this is combat. If I can find them, if I can catch them as they run........ :P

Suggested

Juice


I understand you perfectly and I assume that if a game has rules they have to be accepted if you want to play them.
I don’t want it to be understood as a critique, it’s just an opinion; a feeling.

In all the games I've played when you're injured you can heal and recover. In this one when you are wounded you are already dead and that makes you see yourself breaking my principles.

1.-If they shoot me without hurting me and then I crash, the result is dead. So if they shoot me what do I do? Am I still a player or am I a suicide bomber and stop being myself?
Or do I decide to crash voluntarily and stop playing?

2.-If any really hurt me, the same thing happens.

3.- If I shoot and crash I am also dead by the one who has never shot me.

These are contradictory rules that force me to break my principles if I want to continue playing, because this game has contradictory principles.

_________________
Catalonia (Europe)


Last edited by gripau on Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:08 am
Posts: 14
Location: Catalonia
Raksan wrote:
The game is to be general or Major without eliminating anyone, or not conquering bases? YES


It is very easy to get to General. The easiest and fastest way is not to play: shoot and move away.
Avoid combat.
If everyone avoided the fight, no one would play.
It is a contradiction.

_________________
Catalonia (Europe)


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:14 pm
Posts: 76
(quote)

I understand you perfectly and I assume that if a game has rules they have to be accepted if you want to play them.
I don’t want it to be understood as a critique, it’s just an opinion; a feeling.

In all the games I've played when you're injured you can heal and recover. In this one when you are wounded you are already dead and that makes you see yourself breaking my principles.

1.-If they shoot me without hurting me and then I crash, the result is dead. So if they shoot me what do I do? Am I still a player or am I a suicide bomber and stop being myself?
Or do I decide to crash voluntarily and stop playing?

2.-If any really hurt me, the same thing happens.

3.- If I shoot and crash I am also dead by the one who has never shot me.

These are contradictory rules that force me to break my principles if I want to continue playing, because this game has contradictory principles.

(end quote)

Mr Gripau,

I sense you know/understand what I am about to try to help with so sorry about unoriginality and/or unhelpfulness........

1. -If shot then one evaluates the goal with this new reality.
a. Goal Change: I desire to "live" so I fight to land safely.
b. Goal Unchanged: I desire to complete the mission knowing I may be "seen" as a "Kill" (just as many kills were awarded in real life, yet the pilot flew the next day/hour, because they where shot down/crashed on their own field). Or, I complete the mission while damaged (amount from very low to having almost no control) and find a way home to "Land" safely.
c. Goal Completely Changed: I must complete the mission no matter what or die trying.

2.- Not really, the only difference from real life is that the end is known. So that, even many minutes later the "score" is settled. Often, unlike real life, you do not get the kill because of a safe landing..... in real life the film shows a fire ball and a large part coming off that "can't" be flown....... yet the guy got back, and the enemy got the kill in the record though it was not.

3.- In WWII there are several pilots who received confirmed kills without ever shooting the "killed" , midair collisions (two kills), hit the ground, bail from undamaged plane (automatic kill) but in this sim/game not kill.

As you have said "I understand you" also and do not wish to seem to say this is good or bad or that you must become what you are not.
But, combat IS contradiction (particularly in real life), strange circumstance, choices, dumb decisions, etc etc, create dichotomies that push one to adhere or alter deep or shallow principals.
The worst is to hold to your principals and be accused of doing the opposite because of rendered judgements that are wholly inaccurate because of lack of info, here-say, or just plain made up for fun crap.

The way a thing looks cannot (or should I say should not) dictate whether you "break" anything, but, history shows that..... that very thing doing what you speak of in spades.

Contemplatively

Juice

_________________
352nd Fighter Group C.O. (V) - "The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney"
487th Fighter Squadron (V)-HO
486th Fighter Squadron (V)-PZ
328th Fighter Squadron (V)-PE
We have the whips - KILL THEM ALL


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:08 am
Posts: 14
Location: Catalonia
Today I shot down an injured plane with a sdk. He only just shot me without hurting me.
Score: He killed me and he has been shot him by acks.
Result: Negative score for me.

That is unjustifiable and you know it.
Unfortunately this game is only won by cheating and dirty play. And I know because I tried to see if that was the case.
It's sad but it's like that and I know you won't change it.
I’ve played a lot of games and I’ve never come across this as unfair and I thought that by telling you, you would realize it and solve it instead of justifying it.
I don’t plan on answering anything else, goodbye.

_________________
Catalonia (Europe)


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

All times are UTC-04:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited