How could I forget this. It is so obvious yet we never miss it when it's not there.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men ... The Shadow Knows
The graphics look is the most important feature of this game and should include:* realistic vehicle shadows. Not heavy or solid, but barely visible ... and it should be an option.
* realistic terrains (as mentioned there will be actual physical locations)
* trains, trucks, tanks, vehicles, ships, bridges, buildings and better vegetation/trees
* highly detail cockpits
* highly detail aircraft skins
* detailed pilot faces and heads (perhaps pivoting)
* realistic glass (cockpit) reflections with a little bit of "smoky glass" effect
* lights on the wingtips (is this realistic?)
* spinning prop visibility
* realistic engine smoke and damage smoke trails
* cockpit interior and instruments visible from outside plane
* awesome clouds and sky
* realistic water effects including coastal effects like waves
* flak explosions and smoke
* fantastic exploding aircraft
* bullet tracers and better looking shell casings
* better sound effects (no cartoon bail screams)
* a few more exterior view options like chase view
* engine flames (both for jet planes and piston engines)
SeaHurri 38_med.jpg [ 154.8 KiB | Viewed 4716 times ]
Very unrealistic without shadows...
Winter 69_med.jpg [ 145 KiB | Viewed 4716 times ]
This is too hard and sharp. See next example.
028%20Hawker%20Sea%20Hurricane%20Ib.jpg [ 75.81 KiB | Viewed 4716 times ]
Shadows with soft edges is nice, but options could be: soft
The current .dot commands for shadows is not working on my Mac.
.shadows 0 | 1 | 2 | 3
I also feel that the designers of the new game should share their progress
and efforts here in the forum and let some others of us have input. Can we
see images of what's going on?
Check out my FaceBook page (below) where I will post images (like cockpit glass,
engine flames, spinning prop, clouds, water and waves, etc.)
Click on the link below and then go to Photos. In Photos, go to the Album: New Warbirds 2020.