Hey, some of us are hanging on.
I'm also hanging on, but it's by a single thin thread. I've put much time and effort collecting (still am) data and putting it in a Warbirds GD database for the people involved in the FM building process that will never be taken down by me. For over 10 years I've been doing my best to improve and advance the game, but it's still stuck in the capture the field game play with no consequences of jabocide or bombacide to close a field. On top of that these "players" will purposely dive into ack to prevent their name coming up as killed by a pilot. I find it sad that people are proud of such embarrassing game play.
There's a number of thing's that can be done to help the game to be better besides Eye Candy and FM rebuilds (although the Fm's needed corrections made). Here's some ideas.
1. When a base gets closed make it goes neutral (white as days gone past) and can be captured by any side.
2. Cut radar down to 20 miles so bombers at 25k can't be WEP climbed in 3 mins. to it's alt by fighters. WEP climbing at under 170 MPH should over-heat the motor in a minute.
3. Eliminate bombers except to certain areas of the Map. Large buffs to the very edges and medium bombers to 20 miles from the edge.
4. Make all bomber/troops plane AI's drop when the human airframe drops. It's ridiculous that you can send the AI out d3000-4000 in front of you and have them attack while the human sits out
away from the field or send in the troop plane AI d30,000 in front of you and have it drop troops.
5. Make it that one field can be closed at a time. It stops the rambos dying over and over from closing 4-5 bases before they start capturing them. With the low number of players left this gets
done quite often or make a reset of the map if more than 5 bases are closed at any given time.
I have more ideas, but it appears the powers that be don't care.