It is currently Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:37 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:50 am 

looking forward to the new version; I’ll be back to check it out provided it supports VR headsets.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:53 pm 

Sorry to see you go Finn. The new version, if it comes, will either make or break WB's. I'm going to hang on for the ride till then. Hopefully we'll see you this fall.

<S>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:06 pm 

<S> Finn, Had fun flying with you as friend and foe. I too am hoping for bump in quality once the new version emerges.

Take care of yourself sir.

---------------------------------------------------------
There are 2 kinds of people in this world...
Fighter pilots – and those that wish they were.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:30 pm 

Hope to see you again Finn <S> Was always pleasure talking with you on TS.

If game play isn't changed, then I don't believe WB's will recover from defections to other activities. All the NOE and jabocide/bombacide garbage play just to prevent anyone from stopping the gotta close bases by anyway possible crowd was/is still the death blow to the game. It started over 10 years ago. Even with 2 vs 1+ odds the kiddies still do that childish game play. Once the odds get to 1 vs 1, then they all log, since it's now possible to stop some of that play. Either that or Mommy has their warm milk and cookies ready for them.

Bill needs to rethink and change the game play or all the eye candy in the world won't save it.

IMHO and FWIW

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:28 am 

Bit more reality touch would really be welcome. When the very same suicide bomber gets killed 7th time in few minutes, it is hardly anyone's benefit, excluding those kamikaze groups. When one gets killed, should be a break for some minutes, to everyone. Or some other method to prevent repeated kamikaze attacks by same pilots.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:56 pm 

GasTed wrote:
Bit more reality touch would really be welcome. When the very same suicide bomber gets killed 7th time in few minutes, it is hardly anyone's benefit, excluding those kamikaze groups. When one gets killed, should be a break for some minutes, to everyone. Or some other method to prevent repeated kamikaze attacks by same pilots.

I've always felt that if you die in an airframe before xx minutes you can't fly the same one next sortie and you move further back into the friendly sectors from the previous launch field.
<S>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:12 am 

Thanks Finn for helping this Newbie, learn the ropes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:45 pm 

-splt- wrote:
GasTed wrote:

I've always felt that if you die in an airframe before xx minutes you can't fly the same one next sortie and you move further back into the friendly sectors from the previous launch field.
<S>

Agree split.. As we have seen the problem is that people rebel demanding that they pay for 24/7 access to the planes they want to fly when and where and how often and will threaten to quit if they cant.

Perhaps if they outline the new rules for gameplay when you first sign up for the '2020' WB's it will be laid out to all and once you click on 'I Agree" dems iz da rulz..

Also thought it might be good to have t be 'rescued' when you are shot down between bases by a transport and ferried back to the nearest base before you can fly again. This accomplishes the goal of a 'time out' between flights and if you do survive a crash landing you get to fly again. If you die you go back to the closest large airfield and cant jump into a new plane and pick up hammering the buff that couldnt rearm and replane. Something along these lines anyway right from the outset might make people fly a bit smarter.. One can hope anyway..

Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 29048MB
OSX 10.13.6