It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:16 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:24 pm 

I have got my gaming system almost set up, looking for my JS, and loaded the current D/L of WBs.

I opened it up and a lot of new things.

So where does every one hang out these days?

The MA was empty looked like there were thirteen in the classic arena, noting the thread about modes I guess there is some choice now?

Also is there a way to bypass the training thing? Though maybe I should go through it, been two years and change...

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:34 am 

Hi Olddog, I recently did the same thing: upgraded PC, downloaded WBs, and simultaneously had some evening time free up (that was the tricky one) so I reactivated my account. I have to admit it's been fun reacquainting myself in the Legacy arena!

I was surprised to see my scores and rank from like 10 years ago were still there so I didn't have to start over at cadet... I'm still nearly 2 million points away from captain and thinking it'll never happen at this pace but whatever. The new FMs seem great and flying was just like riding a bike after a couple days. The engine heat management was the biggest adjustment for me--it's a little shocking to be running from somebody when you suddenly lose 30% of your power--but it's a welcome touch of realism. Now I just need a new stick, rudder pedals, a headset, etc... ;)

Hope to see you in the arena sometime!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:31 am 

Great to have both of you back!
finn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:46 pm 

OK cleaned and lubed the JS, spent about 20 min online, whoo boy, much the same much different.

Is there a tutorial on the maps Red lettering over a green diamond but it was selectable and red?

Like the FM on the 109E and the trusty old JU52, next time I hop0e to have more time.

Kraken <S>

Finn <S> and thanks, anuy of the HA still around, not that I can remember anyone's names :o