It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:31 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Not in Classic Mode
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:30 am 

I was in the main tonight defending 79. the odds were 14 to 3, so I wasn't expecting much. The reds had captured 48 and were going west to 79 in GV's. I dropped bombs on a few, one of which was booner. This is a few minutes after, while reep was finishing off 79. They complained I was in Classic mode and this was unfair. I told them I'd post a video of part of the same sortie showing I wasn't in Classic mode (I guess Classic mode is considered unfair, I've never flown in it). Their conversation on 100 was almost reaching conspiracy level intimations. So anyway here is the video that shows I wasn't in Classic mode, and they didn't have a clue to what they were talking about. Sometimes ch100 is comical.

Post subject: Re: Not in Classic Mode
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:39 am 

LOL complaining while hiding a tank inside a boulder and enjoying a massive numbers advantage. Need a irony emoji here.

Reisen pilots have big hinomarus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:58 pm 

--
Ironical .........yes

and.......

It is too weep..........

Juice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:44 pm 

skill and experience are often confused with ……..?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:49 pm 

yep some red just keep the "classic mode" excuse going on.... and the bad conex,lag game etc...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:55 am 

As relatively new kid in town, I have to ask what's the difference? Less details and missing gunsights in some kites are all I have noticed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:29 am 

-Prime wrote:
yep some red just keep the "classic mode" excuse going on.... and the bad conex,lag game etc...

Prime you did post a video playing 'classico' on the Crimea arena.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph_xKbE0qww

The funny thing is that you claim you have a state of the art gaming rig, why playing 'classico' then? Any advantage there? Because the graphics really look horrible.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:25 pm 

Some of the oldest terrains have half way decent classic modes but I know all the new ones are just stock classic textures and everything is optimized for regular WBs.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:36 pm 

The last version of WB classic for Mac that I can find came in the 2013 bundle. How does anyone even get this download these days? Is it still available for PC's?
In reality, The trees/clutter arent the same for everyone, the clouds arent the same for everyone either and those where the only differences I noticed between regular and classic modes.... So not sure why theres a flag on the play, but having flown Classic years ago for slightly better Framerate performance, i'd venture a guess that any objection comes from those who believe that the skill of the attacker in classic is enhanced by no trees or clouds when in actuality, they are not playing in classic and are just being out-talented. After all, superior skill has nothing to do with weather effects or ground clutter.. amirite?

Edit.. I just tried to update the 2013 WB Classic folder just to see and compare the differences and the updater keeps quitting. When it says all files up to date after one hour and twenty tries and you try to login, it makes you update again . wash, rinse repeat.. no joy.. So I dont even see how anyone could still be using it..

Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 29048MB
OSX 10.13.6

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:05 pm 

"Classico" mode does not have trees/clutter, just textures, and less complex, which takes some load out from CPU.

"Classico" was available for PC for players with slow/old systems.

A state-of-the-art gaming PC will give higher fps in 'classico' than in regular WBs.

There you go ;-)