It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:29 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:58 pm 

I like my Cheerios with bananas. Now I'll have to start eating 'em with peaches.

MacOS: El Capitan 10.11.6
Hardware: 2011 iMac 27" with El Capitan
Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Graphics: AMD Radeon
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Facebook Page: Warbirds Skins

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:38 am 

-reep- wrote:
Is there anyway we can get some changes done?

I know that the powers that be don't want us to use the planes we want to, so we can't get the better planes from the smaller fields, but can we change that?

We have the field closer thing down so much that one side or the other closes all the large bases and leaves the small ones open. Can we make it so the last tour of the week, all planes are available from all fields? Just the fighters. Not so much a problem with the buffs, but the fighters?

Can we have a time during each day that the fields reset? If you log in at the same time each day, it's not unusual to find just one or two fields left. If it reset at 6 am eastern (just and example) maybe the group would not fall victim to that.

B29/ME262. We got'em, let's use them.

Had a Lanc out dive my 190 last night. More than 454 mph. The Lanc Started doing loops. Maybe a structural limit to have the wings break off when that kind of stupid happens? How about if in a turn, you can't throw the bombs out sideways? Maybe an alt limits to the Lanc?

Can we get all players on one version of the game? Say good bye to the old version? I use a new video card, cant see the ground targets unless I'm below 2K. Maybe some new MG like a large pile of sandbags around them so we can see them to drop bombs on them? If not, then they are not a requirement to close the field. In the waaay back, we just had to get the guns down, and get troops out. It was quiet a show seeing 4 JU52's dropping a full load of paras on a active field and watching the gunners trying to gun them all down. If it is a closer requirement, then we need to be able to see it from 10K. if not, then not a requirement.

New updates. if we have them, make them mandatory ..again, so we all are playing the same game.

GV trailing red smoke. I know the fighter jocks got all kinds of changes done of which one was to have a GV emit a red cloud on a green surface. That just needs to stop. We spawn away from the fields now and a long red snake on a white or green map is just ridiculous.

Ships don't turn worth a dam. I don't know who thinks a DEST takes 28 minutes to turn 180 degrees, but it doesn't. We need the ships to react to navigational commands much faster. It should also repair so that after time, it can get moving again. It does have a repair crew on board, lets use them. I had a DEST get wounded immobilized but not sunk. 3 hours later it was still there and not any better off. Lets have it repair and attempt to join the fleet. A DAR station repairs, why not a ship?

Is there any way somebody who has all the codes and such pop their head into the arenas every now and again, and when they see that one color is pushed to one field short of a reset, just reset it?

Lastly:

I know that we have a new owner/proprietor coming on. I have not seen hide nor hair of that change actually happening. So please don't tell me, "When the new talent gets on board all will be good". Can we make these few adjustments now so if/when it does go to the new management, these changes are in place.

Just some ideas from one of the faithful small minds that play on a regular basis. :shock:

Personally I don't mind the RPS set up. There are 130 vehicles in Warbirds and it helps that more of them get used regularly this way.

Lancaster bombers can safely dive at speeds up to 360 mph IAS.
I guess you are looking at TAS figures which is your ground speed.

Don't forget that this is a plane that can take a payload of 22,000 lbs.
Equivalent of carrying a fully loaded DH98 Mosquito on its back like the space shuttle.
Clearly when empty and with low fuel, the performance is going to be vastly improved.
This is a plane that the famous production test pilot Alex Henshaw at Castle Bromwich would barrel roll !

Throw out bombs sideways ? Agree stupid. There were bank angle & attitude limits during bombing or bombs would get hung up IRL!

Yes there should be ONE version of the game that everybody uses and SEES exactly the same

Updates are mandatory at start of the next RPS.

Coloured GV smoke is totally stupid. they should have made a single and faint yellow DUST colour and used same for all sides.
Ship navigation has not worked properly for some time - shame..

I think a lot of us are just hanging in there to see what Warbirds 2020 is going to be all about.
Haven't heard or seen a lot about it to be honest

>S

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:35 am 

re: GV trail smoke.
I'd say get rid of it and replace it with a neutral colour- IF- we can replace plane icons that GV's see with a neutral icon. (Let 'em shoot down friendlies, just like in real life. Ack dragging will get dangerous... as it should be).
Oh, and make GV gunfire signatures and tracers visible to everybody within several miles- not just the airplane it's shooting at. A tank main gun, or multiple 50s or multiple cannon anti-aircraft guns would be extremely visible.
Oh, and how about removing the armour from M16s and flakwagons? They had very little in real life. A .22 would have probably kill the gunner in an M16, especially from above.
Don't like those ideas?
Here's a simpler idea. As long as the GV's can see airplane Icons, then let the airplanes see GV icons.
No?
I agree; in this case, sauce for the goose is not sauce for the gander. That would make it unreasonably hard to survive in a GV.
So... I"ll settle for this. Write some new code that turns off airplane Icons for GV players.
I do like the idea of more of the 'advanced planes' being available at forward fields.
finn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:00 pm 

Regarding Icons and their visibility or lack thereof, in WW2, the enemy were in axis aircraft and the allies were in allied aircraft. If you are Allied You cant tell if you are firing at a team mate who may be flying in an axis plane. This works in S3's for the most part..However, this is a big problem with gameplay IMHO.. In wartime, pilots had a pretty good idea of who flying what was coming at them. If say in the BoB terrain, you were flying Allied and headed out over the channel etc, you prettymuch knew that a gaggle of oncoming aircraft were going to be the enemy and they wouldnt be flying spits.. For us, you never know whos who until you see their icon color.
If we had dedicated sides (allied vs axis) in their respective aircraft, this would eliminate the confusion over friend or foe..
For GV's its a bit different as they were airlifted into battles in other countries.. So it is necessary to identify whos who in those cases as its almost impossible to identify by tank type alone from long distances..
it would be cool if we could transport tanks and gv's and drop them in enemy territory tho....

Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 29048MB
OSX 10.13.6

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:07 pm 

+VNSLP wrote:
don't chime in much anymore, on account we have washed this laundry to many times before. However, many different kinds of setups and gameplay design changes have been tried out in events, run thru the mill, suggested, proposed, and even implemented.....ya all just took your dick and waved it around in the bowl of cherrio's.
There's been a whole nother arena with a quite different gameplay design open to the public for over the last year...….if you ARE voting with your feet...well your feet have stayed planted firmly in the past and in the legacy arena.

Yup that about sums it up, though that image I well, its hilarious, well said sleep, LOL.

No matter what was tried some would protest, some would like it, but still want changes and the rest would threaten to leave...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:08 am 

Pakrat wrote:
Regarding Icons and their visibility or lack thereof, in WW2, the enemy were in axis aircraft and the allies were in allied aircraft. If you are Allied You cant tell if you are firing at a team mate who may be flying in an axis plane. This works in S3's for the most part..However, this is a big problem with gameplay IMHO.. In wartime, pilots had a pretty good idea of who flying what was coming at them. If say in the BoB terrain, you were flying Allied and headed out over the channel etc, you prettymuch knew that a gaggle of oncoming aircraft were going to be the enemy and they wouldnt be flying spits.. For us, you never know whos who until you see their icon color.
If we had dedicated sides (allied vs axis) in their respective aircraft, this would eliminate the confusion over friend or foe..
For GV's its a bit different as they were airlifted into battles in other countries.. So it is necessary to identify whos who in those cases as its almost impossible to identify by tank type alone from long distances..
it would be cool if we could transport tanks and gv's and drop them in enemy territory tho....

That's true. I've always detested the ALL RIDES / SIDES thing.

My preference would be for 2 arenas. (ditch all the rest)

WW2 Open Arena
--------------
Fixed Terrain
No RPS
All rides / sides
External View
No squads. Just individuals playing team colour CO-OP
Free to play options (restricted plane set)
Basic Subscription for full plane set

WW2 Campaign Arena
-------------------------
Rotating Terrains
RPS
Allies / Axis
No external view (would make it like the U key to be honest - only works when gear is down).
Squadrons allowed
Premium Subscription only (includes events)