It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:16 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:35 pm 

I don't think classic mode works well with the newer terrains. I heard all these arguments about Prime and decided to try it online on a map that could use it.
Except for less haze on the horizon, and better visibility of some ground vehicles, I really didn't see any advantage.
I've flown with Prime and against him, and we've always gotten along very well. If he's on my side, and I want to find a fight I just go where he is- because he'll fight somewhere, no matter what the odds are against him. Maybe that's why (like Juice) he can be deadly in a crowded furball! Anyway, I really enjoy fighting with or against Prime and I am 100% confident that he is no cheater.
What he does, others can learn: GREAT SA, superb energy management, and accurate and effective ACM and gunnery.
I do think that connection quality does affect the game. I've also found that when your computer gets too busy in the background- even when you THINK nothing is running in the background, you can start to get weird stuff happening. Uncommanded joystick motion- espeically on the rolling plane, freeze frames (mine used to freeze exactly every 6 seconds for 1 second) and all sorts of warping issues.
As well, background crap, combined with a connect issues (like dropped packets) can combine to make you LOSE your hits on the other players. It's hard to quantify it on a player versus player basis, but I think a lot of things that get labeled as "cheating" are really artifacts of the background and net issues I've described. A clean install of warbirds on a CLEAN install of windows makes a huge difference. I did that, and got rid of a lot of programs and Apps I didn't need, and WOW! what a difference. UNfortunaely, I have no idea how to fix the net issues.
Finn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:59 pm 

theres something wrong in you post swanee...been playing warbirds since 2001 and like the most of the player in new
game I was fresh meat for everyone. so with the time I just learn the limits in every single plane even the way how
the other players maneuver so one did you know whos in the other side (waching in the type of plane (maneuvers0
you know how to fight in the smart mode.Sometimes getting killed for the same player cause frustration.
btw my hit ratio kills for sortie improving with the time.... not just for one year!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:12 am 

BTW in the video Mirlox link...everyone notice I don't look to match the crosshair with the enemy plane....I just aim for a bit
in front ….so the enemy just meet my burts.
when I was rockie wondering just why not hits on enemy my crosshair just in the plane :)-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:56 pm 

I never questioned your ability, or combat maneuvering skills. in fact I stated you are very good at that. My problem is the invulnerability. Not taking as much damage as you should. At least from my FE.

---------------------------------------------------------
There are 2 kinds of people in this world...
Fighter pilots – and those that wish they were.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:24 pm 

I have read through this thread and wonder why the frustrations are directed at Prime, versus the white elephant, old-code network connectivity?

Ive flown with and against Viva Zapata for some many years now and rarely seen anything that would lead me to think he's manipulating the game code for advantage. Further, the guy has learned English to communicate better with his squaddies. I know 10 Japanese words to talk with Kazy and Zank, and my old brain does not have the plasticity to retain what I learn, anymore.

So while all the anecdotes do point towards something...they eschew from what I think is the real reason for anomalies...old code.

Ni ¥.

P.S. - I respect and enjoy flying with and against everyone in this thread...and am just weary with coming back to the game we all love and seeing yet another 'bashing' thread.

~Sakai
坂井
Tainan Kokutai
台南