It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:12 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:45 pm 

theres some players in wbs who said I had "special power" or in other words cheating in the game (getting tired of that crap)
so if anyone can prove it...just put it on the forums...and I quit warbirds...otherwise just keep the mouth closed.
I been upgrade my pc with better hardware for the new Graphics (cpu,graphics,ram,sata ssd etc) and faster internet conection
not sure if that cause any advantage in the game... who knows? or can be conex from other players. but just asking to stop all bs
calling.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:34 am 

Jealousy is their bitch bro. Turn off channel 100..

Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 29048MB
OSX 10.13.6

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:33 am 

Players with laggy (jitter) connect cause problems. They may not be where you see them and the next jitter you may not be where they see you. Faster connect doesn't seem to make a difference. Wifi will cause problems. Even how you're communications is set up (ethernet/router) will make a difference.

Then when you're a step above others in pilot and gunnery skills....you're a cheater. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:00 pm 

Well this is a video posted by prime in you tube where he plays in classic mode at the Crimea Arena. If I am not mistaken classic mode was/is designed for old computers as it has a bare bones graphic engine providing better fps in vintage PCs (can you imagine what it would do in a state of the art gaming rig?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph_xKbE0qww

This is the explanation that prime gave to soemone asking about to upgrade his computer to play the EG game as the rest of us do.

I had one of the best gaming pc ...intel i7 processor,latest vid card,lots gig of ram....the only reason a play classic cuzz the EG freezes (trees,maps) above 15k or so...about tanks battle prefer not talk about it. Wbs need to upgrade the graphics badly.

Is that an honest answer? I will leave it to you to judge ;-)

PS: I just posted this because someone did open the door for this information to come out.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:34 pm 

It is not cheating when you use that which IEN has provided as a legitimate option for anyone whose system is having trouble giving smooth play for whatever reasons.. This games coding has been stinky for years and being a PC and Mac platform game has its issues. I use the 64 bit mac version and it hangs, stutters and freezes constantly. I wish I could use the Classic version to eliminate these issues but I cant..
Cheating is when someone is able to actually modify the code to give them an unnatural advantage over everyone else. These kinds of violations are extremely rare. maybe seen it twice in 20+ years of flying here..
It would seem that you are just upset that Prime is a better pilot that you are.. Get over it. He isnt cheating and flying in classic mode for whatever reason is allowed until IEN disallows it which they can, probably will do eventually, but for now, its legit. A new upgraded graphics version will be forthcoming in the fall and hopefully they will be able to get everyone on the same page with it. Until then, ....

OSX 10.13.6

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:59 pm 

The following is purely an observation from what I see on my FE.

I’ve flown a lot of engagements against Prime, usually because he flies on the opposite side from our squad. I have always had respect for his capabilities as a WB pilot.

The issues I see probably do have to do with his system. Though it isn’t cheating, it is a clear advantage.
I don’t believe I’ve ever out-right called him a cheater.

This is particularly frustrating for me in that, when flying missions with my squad mates, I engage him and strike him with many shots, just to see him fly away and systematically kill 1 or 2 of my squamates in single passes. For all intensive purposes he should have been out of the equation, and my colleagues should have continued their mission. This is even more aggravating during an S3. My biggest gripe is the amount of hits he can take from my ac without damage.

He and I have chatted about this on private channel, and what I said to him is that what I noticed, is that around a year or so ago he almost instantaneously went from one of the best pilots it WB to damn near invincible. At least concerning encounters with me. This may coincide with the time he updated his system, I don’t know.

On his FE he says he just sees tracers go by. He pointed me to a video of one of our encounters, and there were some hit sounds registered, but many seemed to go on by him.

On my FE I see nothing but hit sprites, many more than his video showed. I also have the sound set up to register enemy hits.
(I honestly don’t know how i was able to get it to do that, but it does)

All I have to compare it with, is that it takes 3 to 4 times the amount of ammo to get a kill on him than others I shoot down in the game.

My squad mates say they see the same when they shoot at him. I’m just the only one in my group that seems to be vocal about it with him.

I am not a rookie at this sim, and I do know when I register hits on an enemy D1-D3. It’s not that I’m always getting out flown or I am a shitty shot. Yes, he does out maneuver me at times, as well as I out maneuver him at times. I just don’t get rewarded with hits when I get a solution on him because of some unseen reason.

Chalk it up to lag, variables in individual connections to servers, whatever. I don’t have an answer.

Many in here say “Show video proof”. Well, I’ll try to set something up to record. Anyone know a good format to record the game on a Mac?
The in game ACM cam I believe is not a real good representation.

Prime, I don’t hold any ill will towards you. I, like many in here, am just competitive by nature. I will try to be less vocal after these encounters.
I probably need to calm down on a couple of fronts when it comes to issues in this game.

I hope with the new system coming into place this fall it may have some leveling effect on these discrepancies.
Not holding breath.

<S>

---------------------------------------------------------
There are 2 kinds of people in this world...
Fighter pilots – and those that wish they were.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:11 pm 

Most modern games have two parts to their overall experience. The front end with all the graphics and the server with all the code for spacial positioning of planes, bombs, bullets and results of said movement. The player can only controller their FE and their graphics and controller settings. All games have ultra low res options for those that dont have the gear to play at higher settings. Many guys with high end machines turn off shadows in WBs or other video options like when to render dots etc. WBs is no exception and has ultra low res classic mode and various settings in regular mode. In WB2020 using the Unreal engine you will see the same options. The tricky part for the developer is making sure that when you play ultra low res or video option limited modes that you have no clear advantage over those players that dont. The same argument goes for those using controllers and those using keyboard/mouse. One option cannot have a clear advantage over the other. Very difficult to achive unless you limit players to fighting each other on the same video setting\controller level.

On a personal level Prime has always played well and hard and fairly in the S3s. For years and years actually with never a black mark against his name.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:49 pm 

IMO, the game should look the same for everybody.
They should no longer support any classic modes.

I use the landscape clutter extensively when flying low - but some folks aren't even seeing any !
rubbish,.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:54 pm 

OK. So, after thinking about this I decided to try and fly in Classic mode to see how much difference it makes if any,. I was surprised to find that even though it says on the download page that its included in the package, its not on the Mac, anyway. All you get is the 64bit download and no classic exe. So I went back thru my saved versions and found a classic exe in the 2013 game folder. Tried to fly and it told me I needed an update. Spent 3 hrs trying to complete an update but the updater crashed after just a few minutes every time and I was unable to get it to complete. So, my question is, looking at Primes post above, it seems he is using the PC version that might have the classic option in it.. which if true means there is no Mac version of classic. This changes things a bit as it is not fair that it is only available on one platform unless there is a specific way for macsters to access the Classic download. But if Prime is able to update his Classic exe in order to gain entry into the arenas while others cant, this is a problem. I dont have the inside info on this but this is how it is appearing to me on the outside. If anyone can clarify it would be a good thing Thanx..

OSX 10.13.6

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:59 pm 

I think the classic mode is not supported anymore and Macs have fallen behind even more on the version that works on them. Really it should just be removed as WBs is not a graphics drain on most computers produced in the last 10 years. I know I have not produced a classic version for any terrains I did as it was basically making two terrains for one and not worth the hours of labour to do it.