It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:36 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:13 pm 

Thank you Jabo.

Here's another idea.

If the 3d Pilots could be updated to a superior standard, and
as part of a monetization push, purchasing a year subscription or such will
allow you to choose your own skin and pilot face. Maybe the same for a
contest prize, like shooting down WB himself.

Just a whimsical idea...

MacOS: El Capitan 10.11.6
Hardware: 2011 iMac 27" with El Capitan
Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Graphics: AMD Radeon
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Facebook Page: Warbirds Skins

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:05 pm 

There is a great article on why Fortnite began to over take PUBG in revenue and a key item was their ability gain revenue through monetization on cosmetic store items. Fortnite makes millions on selling skins to players. Kids are looked down upon if they dont have cool skins. Its a bit much for sure but the desire to spend a few bucks on something that does not improve your ability to play the game is interesting.

Players who wanted a custom skin or custom avatar would generate revenue for WBs but still would be playing a free game. Other players that that had a subscription to paid premium WB would get a custom skin or avatar as part of their monthly subscription. Both types of players have access to the same thing and are identical as far as play goes.

No pay to win here. Pay to look good instead.

Another similar idea to skins of vehicles and player avatars are logo objects.

In WB2020 I would see squadrons the key to online gaming. For a player to form a squadron they have to reach a specific rank and then have to pay X amount "WB bucks" to start it. All squadron members would then have a custom squadron logo they can place on their planes. This does not matter if you are free to play or premium paid, if you belong to that squad you get one logo slot. If you are free to play you want to put more logos on your vehicle you need to buy more slots which cost X amount of "WB bucks". Premium paid players would get two logo slots with their paid subscription. Again both types of players can do the same thing and WBs generates revenue in two different ways.

The key I think to marketing and making money outside of a pure subscription based game is making it always optional for every player on what they want to spend their money on. In the end a player who spends $1,000 should have no unfair game advantage on the player that spends $0.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:36 am 

^^^^
I like that Herr Jabo.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:46 pm 

I don't mind putting custom logos on a skin,
but I still prefer historical accuracy. If enough
people are in the game, it would be worthwhile
to have these incentives like Fortnite to bring in
R
E
V
E
N
U
E

Maybe have certain parts of the game like the Squad
Select Series where only historical skins can play and
have a Logo Squad Arena where only logo skins can
F
L
Y

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:20 pm 

Most games you have slots where you can put eye candy aka logos, objects and special awards. For historical realism, you can have a limit on the logos and what can be applied per vehicle type or nation. All items have to be approved. None of this crazy self designed trash graphics unless only that player can see them in game. There has to be quality control and limits on all this stuff. Mac store vs Android store. Game designers define their game by simple things like this. Crazy silly games can be crazy silly. Historical combat sims can be real, historic and true.