It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:15 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:30 am 

I’ve just logged off, taken a deep breath and would like to know if you, iENT etc, are happy with the state of this game now? Pretty sure when I logged in it said WarBirds...which to me would indicate that we would be flying? No? I just watched the forward deployment in all its glory, multiple tank spawn points around a field, within a short driving distance so time no factor, non-stop respawn tanks, not a plane to be seen anywhere and rather helpless as we watch the tanks roll over the field. There is just no way to stop it, especially with no limit on the respawns available at the field. To top it off, the latest update apparently has unkillable tanks, as I watched numerous times a burning tank kill me and others multiple times and our tank/SDK rounds having zero effect on a damaged tank. I won’t name the player, however is taking advantage of a bug or glitch knowingly not the same as outright cheating? What has this game become? I don’t think its a major stretch to say that there are a number of players evaluating whether to remain in here. Given we have such low numbers can this game literally afford anyone to leave? I understand trying to get numbers up, and I really am all for that. But how about helping the cadets out with auto takeoff for a time before introducing that challenge? How about an airstart even for cadets? Do they get any info sent to them on just how to play this game when they join? This “game” is more simulator than arcade so to turn up and play effectively is beyond most who don’t have much of an aviation background...ie the general public you are advertising to.

Please, reconsider the forward deployment, it is ruining this game, I have seen no new members join from other tank games, which was the reason given to me for the addition of this feature.

Also, another glitch, when using the Lanc 3, the cockpit is the P51D and the AI Lanc is also a P51D, although is does carry the 14 x 1000lb bombs and act like a Lanc.

Kind regards with fingers crossed for common sense

Knuckr

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:45 am 

I'm not impressed with the forward deployment thing either. At least there should be restriction(time or number) for re-spawning.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:32 pm 

Hmm, I tried flying both Lancasters today and they had the correct cockpit and wingmen. Is this maybe a Mac issue?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:04 pm 

Hi Robert, it seemed to be specifically from field 4 in the PTO map. I’ll check again as I flew it from another field and it was working fine.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 3:01 am 

Another day, another day of forward deployment BS, along with outright cheating. This time I think its time for names as this is the second day running where Booner in his tank cannot be killed. Numerous times at numerous fields I and everyone else watched as he was hit repeatedly, on fire, no turret, impervious to any hits. I understand he’s also a Beta tester, so he should know better but a lack of integrity sees him continue to exploit gaming computer knowledge of bugs and glitches. The forward deployment is a farce and if you insist on keeping it, at the very least, limit the number of respawns available, make the drive at a minimum twice as far as it currently is, allow a fighters cannon to kill tanks and re-introduce the dust trails to make them more visible. At the moment, all you have is a misleadingly named tank battle game, not a WW2 combat flight simulator. In another thread I offered some further solutions to increasing numbers, and I am offering to help with that, so if anyone reads this, then get back to me.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 3:58 am 

I agree with you 100% knuckr. I currently have a 19 streak in a fighter, 15 of the kills are tanks. The last couple of nights greens were outnumbered, but not a single red was up in a plane. Teleporting tanks is the new suicide attack....over and over. And they send their ai in way ahead of their tank to do most of the damage. Roll, bomb a tank, land, repeat, ad nauseam.

If IEN insists on keeping this forward deploy system they should have the enemy tanks spawn much farther from the base, don't allow tank ai's, and maybe but icons on gv's. I hope they are monitering how it is killing the air combat part of the game.

As far as your experience with booner goes, I had an interesting experience concerning him last week. I was engaged with a spitfire when an F4U on fire climbed to me and started firing. I got around on his six and noticed that besides being on fire, he was missing a wing. I turned on my video recorder for the last few seconds of the fight. The last part of the video is a repeat slowed down to about half speed. It clearly shows him flying with one wing.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:16 am 

The more I play with this forward deployment, the less I like it.
It's just too 'gamey'. IF I had my way, every player, whether in a plane or a GV would have to move one field further away from their target field every time they died. That would include defenders. That would discourage the bomb and bailers, and yet also make it tougher for defenders to endlessly respawn in AA vehicles.
And I'd remove the forward deployment altogether.
What we really need is more players of the next generation; unfortunately, it's the 50 plus guys who revere the heroes of WWII and their airplanes.
I have no idea what IEN should do... it's their money, and they have the right to do whatever they think will bring new interest to the game. But it's not my cuppa tea, as my old mom would have said.
finn

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:43 am 

[quote="jlordj"

If IEN insists on keeping this forward deploy system they should have the enemy tanks spawn much farther from the base, don't allow tank ai's, and maybe but icons on gv's. I hope they are monitering how it is killing the air combat part of the game.

[/quote]

I don't know if icons on GV's would work- but if IEN is willing to do a bit of coding, why not make plane icons invisible to anyone in a GV? IF planes can't see GV icons, GV's should not see plane icons.
Oh yeah, and make it impossible to steer the GV while shooting. Bomber pilots aren't allowed to maneuver while in a gun position, why should GV drivers be so privileged? Make the damn thing stop or drive in a straight line while the player is out of the driver's seat.

finn

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:34 am 

I'm curious, how long will a tank burn before it blows up in the game? I rocketed a tank the other night and it started burning. After a few minutes, I turned on my ACMCAM to film it burning. The following is a video of that recording with all but the beginning and ending sped up 12x. The ACMREC was 6:25 long. About a minute after turning off the recorder, when I was returning to base, I was awarded a kill on booner. I don't know if he exploded or exited. Is there a time limit on how long tanks burn before they explode?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:49 pm 

I am testing a 64 Bit Beta Version for IENT. So the anomalies you are seeing with planes or vehicles are being reported directly to IENT by me.