It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:38 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:16 pm 

WE have a another score system available which I really like...but it means starting everyone back to zero. It does indeed award skill over suicide runs with a multiplier for your score if you rtb and land.....but....it meets with mucho resistance, pretty much like any change meets with resistance, with cries of this or that, that or this....theres always groups that don't like it......pretty much can't do anything without someone raising a hue and cry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:18 pm 

^^^^

Truth spoken above.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:58 am 

I like the Greece map. It offers varied terrains such as mountains, plains, and oceans all in one map. Yes, it is a big map, but the action is concentrated to small areas at any given time. A nice feature is that the fields aren't as amenable to the pop, drop, and close bombers, giving defenders time to defend.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:04 pm 

That's another reason nothing goes anywhere...

It just need somebody from IEN to make an official STATEMENT.

Dear customers:

As of "xxxxx" date Warbirds will introduce a brand new score & ranking system.
All existing player stats and scores will be reset.

The old war is over but a new conflict is about to begin...
Thank you for your attention.

If people object or don't like it, they don't have to play anymore.
Simple.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:15 pm 

Resetting the scores isnt such a big deal if you can figure a way to keep everyones rank intact. If you can still be a Captain or higher while having your score points set to 0 that would probably go over better since so many have flown for months even years to get their promotions..
On a related note, is it SOP to have your kill streak reset when a new TOD begins? Had a small one going and it was reset to 0 when the Greece map appeared Monday..Not sure why this would be implemented as its still the same pilot who hasnt been killed even though he was shipped to a new theater..

I have amassed a few thousand medals of all types.. Has there been any advancement in attaching them to rankings or any useful purpose yet? Just curious what the scuttlebutt around HQ is..

Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 29048MB
OSX 10.13.6

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:15 pm 

Score has always been per TOD.
Accumulated total score on your "score page" goes towards rank

People like stats.

The only ones I really look at are total sorties / landings / kills /deaths
I'm not particularly careful most of the time and yet on average I have a +70% survival rate in both fighter and bombers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:07 am 

New score system would reset scores and the Rank goes along with score. to keep your rank a score would have to be assigned because it doesn't give it unless you score it.
It can do various things like assign a different point for the aircraft you shoot down, for example..shoot down a C-47 is 10 points, but shooting down a B-17 is 50 points, or a Jet is 75 points.
A cool thing it also can do is assign a multiplier to your score for actually returning to base...say you rack up a 100 point sorte but if you get a good landing that score can be multiplied by X.
Its a score system that can truly award skill over blunt suicide. It can also assign a flight time before scoring anything, example being "flight must be 5 min before scoring" which is "interesting"
It also has a lot more ranks by starting at the E-1 level and going up through enlisted ranks through officer ranks so for example new guys who just start can achieve rank fairly quickly, which is encouraging, but higher ranks can take longer.
Its common knowledge that the current rank system does not always reflect the skill level of the pilot which the new one would be a "better" reflection of same.
I say its new but its actually been around for a while and used in many of the special events with various settings to attempt to bring possible equal status or score keeping between tankers fighter and bomber crews.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:58 am 

+VNSLP wrote:
...different point for the aircraft you shoot down, for example..shoot down a C-47 is 10 points, but shooting down a B-17 is 50 points, or a Jet is 75 points.

That would be historically correct, in fact. The Luftwaffe used a points system for promotions, a 4 - engine bomber would score 4, a single engine fighter 1 point. That explains how pilots with a lesser number of total kills (in the west) ranked higher than some of the top scorers, mainly consisting of single engine aircraft.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:27 pm 

I thought the 64 miles in the new Canyon and Wasteland terrains would be good for the two dozen players online at any one time. Unfortunately the Wasteland terrain was reduced to allow CA tanks to drive in it better and that zeroed out all the bridges and elevated objects so it needs to be redone. Canyon is still workable for IEN and Valley is similar but not being finished unless there is a need. All the other new ones were for events and based upon having 100+ players in them. Ah those were the days :)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:37 am 

Yes, change the score system, but ALSO...reset the scores every month, but let players KEEP the highest rank they achieve. That we we could track how well we do from TOD to TOD. And let current players KEEP their current ranks going in. it would take some coding, but I think it might improve the game. The top players in each category could all move up a rank at the end of a TOD.
I'm not score motivates most players, or even many, but if we're going to have a score system, let's have one that makes more sense than the current one.
finn