It is currently Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:18 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:33 pm 

Gents,

We know that the new Catalina MAC OS cannot update properly as IENT has not finished the updater for the new system.

SPINDZ has make a file that he says you can put in a specific folder to update your WarBirds to work with Catalina.

His Specific instructions are: Put this folder directly into the Contents/Resources folder which you can access by right-clicking the Warbirds_xxxx_64-bit.app and selecting "Show Package Contents"

Here is a link to a zip for Mac Catalina users which contains all the files to bring version up to fl2080:

http://files.warbirdsiii.com/fl2080_mac_deltas.zip

IENT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:46 pm 

Thanks SPINDZ and WB. Hang in there. Its worth it!!

EDIT: Are we supposed to take the entire contents and drag it to the main WB Resources folder of put the actual folder itself in the Resources folder? Reason for asking is that there alotta stuff in there we already have and dont wish to risk game becoming broken again if we do so. Just need verification that all files in the updated folder are necessary..
Thanx!

AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
OSX 10.15.6

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:45 pm 

Well, I put the contents from the zip file in the correct folder, then when I launched the game, it would only let me fly in Mouse mode.
It doesn't even give me an option to set up my controller. It is hooked up fine and all usb peripherals are working.
It also would not take my saved settings file that I keep on hand each time I need to to an update or reinstall. I spent a very long time getting the settings correct. Even if I can get it to read my controller I don't want to have to completely remap and configure my controller. It's just not worth the hassle.

I tried to go back to the game folder the way it was before I put the items in, and now it won't work at all.

So I decided to cut bait, toss the folder and try to do a fresh download from the Totalsims site.

After downloading the DMG file, putting it in my app folder and trying to launch, it did a 10 minute verification and then told me the app was damaged and could not launch. I did this entire procedure 3 times and got the same message.

I'm stuck. Very frustrated, and would like to know if anyone else is having issues like this.

Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------
There are 2 kinds of people in this world...
Fighter pilots – and those that wish they were.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:53 am 

NOTE: After some finagling and a little help from Pakrat I got things to work okay.

---------------------------------------------------------
There are 2 kinds of people in this world...
Fighter pilots – and those that wish they were.