It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:04 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: 3 Monitor resolutions
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:35 pm 

anyone using 3 monitors? any resolution suggestions?
I'm using Nvidia Surround on Win7 on .widescreen 1. Trying combos of game and general resolutions. Largest res (5000+) puts my nose against cockpit windscreen, less that 3000 knocks it back to single screen in game. Zoom, [ ], .fov don't seem to affect it.

Reisen pilots have big hinomarus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:50 am 

I finally settled on 3072 x 768 resolution. Very little differences with the cockpit width, can't change cockpit height, and the icons are close enough to read :) The big resolutions just make the icons so tiny as might as well go reduced option.
It takes a little getting used to huge horizontal views, but still have a ceiling over your head, but you do. Dealing with the monitor frames is no big deal either, especially if you don't usually fly with tear-drop canopy planes. :)
Setting up with a Nvidia card is easy, but their video capture doesn't work at those resolutions.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:51 pm 

mSpiro, do you still like your 3 monitor set up and still using it? I am considering that for me but get conflicting information of the various outside WB forums are regarding pros and cons. I have Geforce 1050 Ti and have one screen that is 2 K - 144 hrz and one that is 1080p - 60 hrz. It is cost prohibitive to add two more 2K - 144 screens but I could add another 27" 1080 - 60 with no problem. I should get a solid 60 fps with this. However, if I cant get improved visuals don't want to waste money that could be used to upgrade the GPU to either a 1070 or 1080

Enjoyed the times in the air with you

kaceyj

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:52 am 

<S> kacey, yes I still use it. I was fortunate to get the extra screens for almost nothing. Don't know or can't remember the tech stuff, but I've had no issues with frame rates (I've got a gtx 760 card).
I also enjoy the extra screens when I'm doing normal computer work. I can the side screens show ballgames, documents, etc while working on middle screen.
I'd consider it a luxury, but non-essential.