It is currently Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:32 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re: RPS
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:51 pm 

I, for one, enjoy the RPS very much. But, unlike many other Warbirds pilots, I very seldom get fixated on one particular aircraft when choosing what to fly. Some appear to enjoy mastering one aircraft or all the aircraft in a model series and then fly that exclusively. I do not. If I find myself getting overly familiar with an aircraft, I will switch to something else.

Because of this, I find the RPS allows flying the "early stuff" without getting repeatedly hammered by those who wish to master a single aircraft which is usually an advanced, late-war model that will easily outfly and bring down early war machines due to superior performance and armament.

Without the RPS, the Spit XIV would be available all of the time and I would have to read the complaints on Channel 100 as someone would boom, zoom, and slaughter with impunity. (I have witnessed many log out due to others flying this aircraft for an extended period of time.)

I'm sorry others find the early aircraft so distasteful, but I personally find it enjoyable from a historical perspective.

<S>

Nick

"Tod von Oben"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:58 pm 

I've followed the RPS discussion since years back. What is obvious is that there are two sides, and it seems there is actually a slight majority in favour of a Rolling Plane Set (RPS). When there was no RPS some years ago there was a poll in the old forum, where more people voted for having an RPS than people voting for only having late war planes all the time.

So how should it be set up? If we remove the RPS and just have the late war fighters enabled all the time, would this really be fair to all the players who prefer other eras of the war or players who simply want some variation in the match-ups? Should the late-war fanboys group have the playground for themselves and set all the rules?

Personally, since it seems to be quite even opinions with a slight favour for having a Rolling Plane Set, the current setup that is allowing people to experience their favourite year and fighter match-ups of the war for a single day per era, and then letting the late war fans have over a week to fly the 1945 fighters before the map changes, is a far more fair compromise than just letting one group have their way all the time. As it is set up now the late-war fans are even getting the longer end of the stick.

Just my thoughts.
<S>
/Robert

Last edited by Robert on Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:52 am 

bollock you should try the P-40b...get that baby in a dive and that engine sound will put a grin on your face....what a growl. She flies really well too...yeah the guns are bb's but that's early war far ya.