It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:16 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:55 pm 

Calling BS on that booner, that is what oldml came up with, not you. Your initial response was hey, its in the update, what can I do? Also, why are you “testing” in the main arena? That is not the way it’s done.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:53 am 

Here I thought that Beta Testers were not supposed to be testing in the Arena's where people pay money. That's the way it used to be, but
then maybe there is no beta test arena anymore.

I applaud you being a Beta Tester; but really after seeing that there is an issue, why would you keep tanking then? Stop and report the issue.
If you want to keep tanking in the main, then boot up a non beta version until you get an update to fix the reported issue.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:17 am 

Knucker there is not a testing arena. We are all testers as new releases come out and we provide feedback for changes..right? I am a paying tester of a 64 Bit Beta for the Mac because there are issues with the 16 bit that put me at a disadvantage when flying.

Knucker your post on the 10th of calling me a cheater is out of line. It's out of line here and in the arena or anytime. You knew in the arena I was testing and you were made aware of it here.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:47 pm 

iEN have released a 64 bit version of the game for MAC users afaik.
No doubt they have asked some MAC folks to try it out and let them know of any issues.
Some were experiencing graphics or frame rate issues.

The flight models should be exactly the same as the last mandatory update.
i.e. It wont let you log in to the arena if you don't have the latest flight models version.

What platform are you on when seeing this ? PC or MAC ?
Are 64 bit MAC users seeing the same thing ?
That is then useful feedback.

But yes once an issue or bug is clearly identified, its rather bad form to keep doing until its reported until a fix is made.
That will just wind up the rest of the community

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:30 pm 

Bollok thank you for the validation and clarification.

FYI the flight models are not exactly the same at this time with the MAC vs the PC. For example since the update on Wednesday when I am in a tank, I am killed with one shell from another tank at a great distance. This has been reported directly to the IENT programmer.

So is it bad forum that I continue to play at a disadvantage when it takes one shell to kill me? Should I stop playing in this scenario too? You see it goes both ways. If I stop playing when something doesn't work as it should, I'll never play because this game is always needing a fix. Know that I am a paying member and not receiving any compensation to do this testing.

Last edited by booner on Fri May 11, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:24 pm 

I would be happy to test the Mac Beta. If someone could pass my interest along to the person who has the download link, I would be thankful.

Sakai at tainankokutai dot org

~Sakai
坂井
Tainan Kokutai
台南

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:38 pm 

BTW the FM Team doesn't try out our work in the main, just so that's put to rest. Also Robert, Bollok and I don't get paid or a free account either. I'm sure the three of us would love free accounts. Join the Club of the few paying to work.

I really dislike testing done in the Main Arena for the angst it causes or will cause, but it appears this is ok with the management. You can test things in other arenas FWIW. At least announce in game that you're testing a beta version, so people are informed.

Log into the download webpage and you'll see the link. No special invite or approval needed.

http://secure.ient.com/totalsims/downloads_2018.php

I just wish the testers; when there is a glitch in their favor, would not use that glitch in their favor and keep gaming. Try another aspect of the game to find the next issue. Imagine a new person being in the situation as what happened to others and me last Sunday. A tank that I hit; setting said tank on fire, took the turret off and hitting it 7 times total, then have a turret less tank on fire blast me 1 time and I'm a goner. 2 others also hit said tank with no more effect I could see, but either they finally got finished or exited.

A new player would say what crap is this; run from the game ASAP.

FWIW

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:54 pm 

Back in the day Mac Beta versions were only handed out to a few Mac players.
You had to sign up to do it. Testing was done offline to work out the bugs.
Right now it appears anyone can download it and try the 64 bit beta version.

Anyway, the 64 bit version is definitely better for my framerate but still not good enough for me to actually play.
The automatic opening of my web browser upon quitting the game is a major problem.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:34 pm 

booner, I stand by what I said. You never claimed to be testing anything until oldml mentioned it. You said to me "I updated, its in the update, what can I do? Not play?" I said to you then if you continue to use known bugs or glitches to kill other players then yes, that is cheating. You might test for Beta, good for you, it does not give you the right to use bugs/glitches to your advantage, to say you were not is a lie. As grumpy said, you were impervious to other players tank rounds/40mm rounds, anything at all. FWIW, I'm quite sure all tanks can be taken out by another tanks single round....you certainly sat at our spawn point and did that in your burning, turretless tank. You don't want to be called a cheat? Fine, then don't continuously use bugs and glitches to your advantage and then sit back and say but its ok, I'm only testing.....also, I too am a monthly full paying member although I fail to see how this adds any validity to any of your points.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:17 pm 

Hey knucker I get that you feel like a victim, cheated, lied too and only see it your way. I hope you find the peace and happiness in life because it is short, and this is just a game.

Last edited by booner on Sat May 12, 2018 2:28 am, edited 11 times in total.