It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:00 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:31 am 

This tod, it's possible to launch a GV from say, 96, and wind up next to enemy field 82. There are many many spawn points like this, but the game rules they live by are frustrating. As soon as the enemy field closes, you lose the spawn point. Sometimes the spawnpoint shifts.
If these game play changes are deliberate, they are poorly conceived- either way, they need to be fixed.
The other issue is the complete silence in which this change occurred. No update file, nothing. Just suddenly you have tanks appearing within shooting range of your base, and no bloody clue where they came from.
If IEN wants to keep customers, those customers have to have a reasonable expectation that they can A: understand the game play structure and B: stay informed about these changes as they occur.
If you're going to screw with the game, at LEAST tell us how you're screwing with it.
finn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:28 pm 

No more frustrating than the NOE bomber and jabocide tactics used by players. Just as I have finally relented that an WWII air sim has become a instant gratification based game; it appears you're going to have to relent to the same.

Sucks to be frustrated like I am with the NOE gamey stuff eh.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:12 pm 

grumpy wrote:
No more frustrating than the NOE bomber and jabocide tactics used by players.
Sucks to be frustrated like I am with the NOE gamey stuff eh.

Amen Brother!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:23 pm 

those behaviours- and I agree, they are repellant- are due to the swinish nature of some players.
This issue has been built into the game- worse without any noticethat would have given warning and instruction.
Using a spawn point shouldn't be an exercise in guesswork, nor should it place a player at an enemy field SOME of the time.
It's absurd, and it's a different issue than the jabo and die crap- because assH*** players are responsible for the former, and IEN for the latter.
finn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:08 pm 

Hi guys,

I am strongly led to believe that the enabling of forward deployment for GVs is an officially sanctioned iEN action
It has not been turned on accidently.

It may be unannounced and not set up properly (spawn distances etc)
but it is not accidental.

That is all.

>S

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:40 pm 

Good grief- that's even worse then- and imposing it with no notice, and no explanation of how it's supposed to work and why shows a complete lack of respect for the players.
finn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:21 am 

I’ve just seen this, and apologies for the language, but its complete bullshit. Now, we have tanks popping up AT your field, the only defence you can mount is to get in a fixed ack position and basically shoot till a tank takes you out. You might take out a few GVs, but eventually the tanks will shut down the fixed ack as the attackers get unlimited respawn. The defenders cannot even get in GVs at their own field to defend. The respawn for the GVs is endless, so just keep popping up and shooting and eventually the field is closed. Sadly, none of what I wrote above has anything to do with airplanes and flying, and isn’t the name of this game WARBIRDS?!?! If this is the new state of the game, then I believe Warbirds will cease to exist, after all, we joined to fly WW2 fighters, bombers etc, we didn’t join World of Tanks, Battleships or GVs. Can someone from iEnt or Warbirds confirm if this is the case? I think this is an absolutely appalling development and as Finn said, shows a complete lack of respect and any understanding of why we play this game in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:18 am 

In a vain attempt to get some sort of answer, I used messenger to ask what was going on...this was the response.

“There are not respawns all over the map. How many did you see and where did you see them? We current have one per side running at any one time and intend to make the spawning distance a bit longer. This effort is get more revenues so we can upgrade to V/R as we are starting to get some paying M4 players with this approach. If you have some positive suggestions please send to custsvc@ient.com. Thanks for flying Warbirds.

Firstly, it seems they claim that only 1 field per map can be taken by tank/GV etc, perhaps per day, or per reset, not sure. Today, I saw multiple fields taken this way, one after the other. Specifically, fields 27, 26, 7, 35, 16, 15, 24 and 25. There were probably more. Secondly, if “they” want more revenue, why not keep the current paying customers happy? I feel as though we are being overlooked and sacrificed in the rush to get new players. Are we not the ones who have stayed in this game despite low numbers? If it wasn’t for us, Warbirds would have shut down ages ago. I’m all for new players, don’t get me wrong, but this is quite a ridiculous way of going about it. And why not at the very least inform the current paying customers what is going on? Honestly its a wonder Warbirds exists at all with the shoddy way we are treated here in terms of a total lack of communication and any transparency. The last statement telling me if I have any “positive suggestions’ suggests that if I don’t have anything nice to say, say nothing at all. Finally, the irony of Customer Service and “thank you for FLYING Warbirds” in the last sentence.....it’d be funny if it wasn’t so stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:51 am 

Hi Knuckr,

Unfortunately this has been rolled out half-assed with no notification and without much thought.

They want to raise revenues on their M4 tank game. Nothing wrong with that.

As I understand it, there is a shared battlespace.

It may be that the forward deployment option is limited to people that log in with the M4 interface.

It may be that people logging in with Warbirds would either get standard GV spawn... or perhaps even NO GVs selectable ?

i.e. to use a GV in the battlespace, you would have to log in with the M4 game.

Either way, IMO the forward deployment distances need to be

a. Set so that you still have to drive for 10 mins to get to the target
b. Customised for each terrain.

An 8 mile drive at 40mph would take 12 mins for example.

Nothing is finally decided yet I don't think.

Share your thoughts.....

>S

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:34 pm 

I'm all with finn and knuckr.

a. 20 plus death within 5 minutes, but a field closed. WAY TO GO
b. unrealistic, how the heck would you magically position own tanks right AT an enemy field?? wormwhole?
c. encourages more unreal gameplay be defender, like rolling and suicide diving on spawning tanks

An Online Flight Combat Simulator that simulates...WHAT?

For the sake of totalsims money, put that off